Mega Traffic Events - New form

The Waze Community is working together to fight chaotic traffic events worldwide

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy, orit_y

Re: Mega Traffic Events - New form

Postby orbitc » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:38 am

kadyus wrote:im sure this has already been answered somewhere, so bear with me. :)

what is minimum time frame for the form submission before the actual event date?

I don't know if there is a set rule that I know....but...I try to do my closure in about a week before the actual event.

Sometimes, depending on the closure you may get as close as few days.
Regional Coordinator for Northeast (DE, NJ, NY, PA) & New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)
CM: U.S.A. & T.C.
• ßeta Tester
• AT&T | iOS 7.0.4 | Waze v3.7.9.914

WME | Mentoring | AM | USA
orbitc
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Mega Traffic Events - New form

Postby orit_y » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:10 pm

Hi Wazers!

In order to enable better communication and support for upcoming events, we created a new and improved event form and process including the following steps:

1. Completing and submitting the form with all required details
2. The Waze team will review the submission and the event will be approved/disapproved.
3. If the event is disapproved, an email will be sent to the reporter to inform him/her that the event cannot be supported by Waze.
4. If the event is approved, the reporter will automatically receive an already formatted spreadsheet to update any road closures.
5. An email will automatically be sent to local champs/localization experts to share any closure information they can provide on the same spreadsheet in collaboration with the reporter and Waze team.
6. When all closures are finalized and approved by the Waze team, the roads will be closed.
7. A website page will be deployed when the event causes major traffic and is in a central location.

What do you say? Should we give it a go?
orit_y
Waze Team
Waze Team

Re: Mega Traffic Events - New form

Postby SilicicAcid » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:59 pm

I submitted an event which was accepted and got the link to the spreadsheet but I can't get the segment information from the map editor because I'm only level 1. How do I get this ramp closure - Los Carneros on- and off-ramps from southbound US101 in Goleta CA - submitted? The off-ramp was definitely closed (coned off, signed) this morning but I am not sure if the on-ramp is completely closed yet. Today (19Feb) is the target closure date so it's probably closed as well.
The ramps will be closed for a year for bridge construction - http://www.project.goleta.com

Thanx,
SilicicAcid
SilicicAcid

Previous

Return to World's Mega Traffic Events