RANT: Champs vs Partners

Post by kazmuth
Why even bother to ask for champs help on closures if they will be ignored anyway in favor of the local partner's wrong information?

Local Partner - CNN Philippines - Wrong information -

Local Champ - rccoros - CORRECT INFORMATION -

We do not know where CNN Philippines got their information but our local champ got it from the local government unit who were implementing the closures.

Our local champ put so much effort on researching the information and even had to manually add the closures even after CNN's closures expired.

If it's going to be like this, it'll be tough getting the champs to help out again during the next events closures.
kazmuth
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:3246376

Send a message
Waze Philippines Country Manager/ Global Champ / Coordinator
Join the Philippine Waze Users Facebook group

Post by Adabadada
So THAT's why I couldn't find the rest of the closures earlier. I don't know where CNN Philippines got that info but all the data was released by various government agencies so I don't see how they still got it wrong. rccoros spent so much time collating and inputting the correct data (with some help from Brezzypete as our man on the ground), I just wish more importance was placed on their work. They even monitored the event as it was happening. And then we are left to deal with complaints arising from the wrong info. This is very disappointing.
Adabadada
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Krixera
Similar cases happened in Malaysia since 27th August 2016 until yesterday, 30th August 2016. our local community has received official information and established proper closure for our National Day since 26th August but it was all mess up and overwritten by another mass closure from Waze_roadclosure. Worst of all, there are many invalid closures being set up on major roads in our hectic Kuala Lumpur city. this causes massive users' frustrations due to improper routing and inconveniences to Wazers for FOUR days. The road closures were hours of hard and careful efforts from our community and it was all ruined and replaced by false closure from admin, please understand how our community felt if you ever put your feet into our shoe.

Anyway, damage has been done and there's no turning back. With these incidences, I really hope admin will study from the mistake and will not repeat it again, Wazers are the one who will suffer from our wrong doings, so please be considerate. Thank you.
Krixera
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by mbino16
Hi kazmuth and team,

We're very sorry that this mistake happened. As you know we put a great deal of effort into making sure that we have accurate closure information, and we rely heavily on the community for this. Our intention is never to give the partner preferential treatment. In this case, we made an error and approved the event twice. Because of this two spreadsheets were created and while we worked off of one (the first one we received from a partner), users filled out the second sheet which we never saw.

To prevent issues like this from happening we ask editors to email us (waze-closures@google.com) when they have finished filling out the closure spreadsheet. This information may not have been properly communicated in the past, going forward please make an effort to email us in the future after the closures are finalized.

Additionally, in the future if you find other cases where the information from a partner is incomplete or incorrect, please email us and we will make our best effort to correct the information.

Thank you for all of your wonderful help :) !

Best,
Maiyan
mbino16
Send a message

Post by Mynios
Had also wrong closures from the Waze bot in Hamburg. It was only Europe's largest cycling event but who cares? Unfortunately on the microsite for the event was my name as supplier of these wrong closures which I didn't applyed.

We never got any pre alert that Waze closure team is now working also in Germany. So the typical lack of communication.

Edit:
mbino16 wrote:We're very sorry that this mistake happened.
Sorry to say Maiyan but this will happen again, again and again until Waze learned that communication isn't a oneway street.
Mynios
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by shogsbro
Agree. There are further events coming up, in Cebu and Baguio. Hope our efforts won't be for nought!
shogsbro
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
CM for Philippines, GCC Countries & Yemen