Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Reporting Progressive Road Closures Due to Construction?

Post by NinjaFuzzyPaws
Hi,

I'm a bit confused on how to report road closures due to construction.

I reported a road closure using the app yesterday, and today I received an e-mail saying it was approved, but that the Waze Team needed more details. I also received a Google Doc, in which I need to place a permalink to the map segments.

That part I'm ok with, but my confusion comes from having to enter the closing date and time information.

Unfortunately, I just live near the construction. I don't work on the construction team, so I have no idea when they are going to move down the road. This construction is due to my local water district replacing sewer pipes along a 1.5 mile stretch of road. They block off about two blocks worth of road at a time, and once they finish with that section, then they move down the road. However, the construction means that the speed limit is reduced and the west-bound traffic is reduced to 1 lane. Also, anyone driving west, can't turn left from this road onto side streets (hence the road closures).

I have no idea how to report any of this using the spreadsheet. All I know is that they started this in May and they plan to be done by the end of August. If anyone can help clarify this for me, that would be very helpful.
NinjaFuzzyPaws

POSTER_ID:17372591

Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Without having the information, you can off course only report a guessed end time. If you later notice that the works have already moved on to the next street stretch, you can notify any local higher-ranked editors to replace the old closures in the related MTE with the new ones.

Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).