Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Mega Traffic Events - New form

Post by
Hi Wazers!

In order to enable better communication and support for upcoming events, we created a new and improved event form and process including the following steps:

1. Completing and submitting the form with all required details
2. The Waze team will review the submission and the event will be approved/disapproved.
3. If the event is disapproved, an email will be sent to the reporter to inform him/her that the event cannot be supported by Waze.
4. If the event is approved, the reporter will automatically receive an already formatted spreadsheet to update any road closures.
5. An email will automatically be sent to local champs/localization experts to share any closure information they can provide on the same spreadsheet in collaboration with the reporter and Waze team.
6. When all closures are finalized and approved by the Waze team, the roads will be closed.
7. A website page will be deployed when the event causes major traffic and is in a central location.

What do you say? Should we give it a go?

POSTER_ID:9752814

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
If the form fields for "Date and Time" can't actually accept a time value, then please change the field naming. Times must be submitted separately.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
orbitc wrote:Seems easier with these forms. I'd say let's go for it. I did a test event. Please let me know if you receive them.
I just got 4 Emails about events from orbitc...

One for "test event" - Jan 9 14:01 -> Jan 10 14:02
Three for "Another Test" - Jan 11 1:00 -> Jan 11 1:01
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
orbitc wrote:Why 4 emails though?
That's why I was asking... I would expect one for each...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by banished
There was a thread (redviper26's?) about the winter storm in the Southeastern US and trying to get a handle on what roads were closed. Now I can't find the thread, but to the point, there needs to be a real-time method to update continuously changing traffic information. I'm sure there's discussion about that somewhere!) Probably 100 miles of I-10 in the Florida Panhandle region has been closed for over a day, but is close to being opened as temperatures begin to crawl above freezing.

There's no Wazers out on the roads because so many main roads are closed. It would be interesting (for the developers) to explore real-time integration with sites such as this: http://www.flhsmv.gov/fhp/traffic/crs_h002.htm
banished
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
GC, ARC, Veteran, CISSP, MCP

Post by CBenson
AndyPoms wrote: I just got 4 Emails about events from orbitc...

One for "test event" - Jan 9 14:01 -> Jan 10 14:02
Three for "Another Test" - Jan 11 1:00 -> Jan 11 1:01
I received the same.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by chriscompo
One problem I noticed is that. People may not know of an event until the day before so adding to waze might not get done in time. How long does it take to check and add these events?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
chriscompo
Send a message

Post by chriscompo
Can it alert you to events on your route before it auto re routes you. As you may be going near to the event and a re route may be unwanted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
chriscompo
Send a message

Post by kadyus
im sure this has already been answered somewhere, so bear with me. :)

what is minimum time frame for the form submission before the actual event date?
kadyus
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
GC | Coordinator | CM
Malaysia & Brunei

WazeBORNEO FB | WazeMY FB

Post by ke4roh
This is my first semi-success with the new process. It's frustrating to say the least. First, I learn of the event, then remember to view it in the editor in Waze, then submit a form with a complete description of what is to be done, then I have to wait for an e-mail that gives me a spreadsheet into which I paste segment numbers from the editor, and I have to request access to that spreadsheet, THEN someone has to put the restrictions in a day before the actual event. I don't learn about these things until a week before, sometimes, and other times they're not completely specified.

Maybe there's a way we can allow users to enter restrictions for roads locked above their rank and then have some modest review process rather than all this crazy time-consuming process to allow me to specify something of modest traffic impact in the grand scheme of things.
ke4roh
Send a message

Post by kiki-rovinj
Thank you Orit, is a new thing and will help us a lot.
It would be nice to have also the possibility to translate it so as to facilitate the work of the local user.
kiki-rovinj
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
[img]https:///hh75S[/img]
Waze Beta 3.9.3 • Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo Android 4.4.2.
Croatian Community Leader • Croatian Forum Moderators • Feed Country Manager