Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Closing one driving direction only?

Post by Pizuz
Hey. I just got my MTE approved (thanks!) and would like to ask this:

Is it possible to only close one driving direction while leaving the other one open or do I have to manually split the road for this? Are there any best practices for that case?

The event in question is the Leipzig Marathon in April and judging by the map of last year there will be a few parts where it's crucial to leave one driving direction open, because there wouldn't be any alternative routes that don't require massive detours.

Regards,
flo
Pizuz
State Manager
State Manager

POSTER_ID:15874644

Send a message
Last edited by Pizuz on Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AM für Leipzig-Süd
BM für Sachsen

Post by AndyPoms
I had a similar situation in CT for the Hartford Marathon - the road is a split road, the runners run on one side of the road, and they setup two-way traffic on the other side. We choose not to close that section of road as traffic is allowed on both directions, and they were close enough for the routing engine to see them as being in the correct side - and you got to keep the real-time speed data showing the slowdown, so Waze routed most people around it, unless it was the fastest way to their destination.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by Pizuz
Okay, I guess, that would work. I'll probably set a scheduled restriction for those parts. With a fat landmark or something. Thanks!
Pizuz
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
AM für Leipzig-Süd
BM für Sachsen