[Script] WME GIS

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME GIS California

Postby AquaZR1 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:48 pm

SpencerFG wrote:Thanks to Phillistine, California is now active! There is probably still some tuning required with so many links, so let us know of any problems.

Did you only include the county GIS maps? For counties like Tulare that don't have a public GIS site cities like Visalia do. Also the Bakersfield GIS site is much better to use inside the city than the county map.
AquaZR1
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: [Script] WME GIS California

Postby SpencerFG » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:05 pm

Thanks to Phillistine, California is now active! There is probably still some tuning required with so many links, so let us know of any problems.
SpencerFG

Re: [Script] WME GIS

Postby Philistine11 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:50 pm

beachbumli247 wrote:Not sure if this is possible, but is there any way to have the script zoom in onto the relevant section of the GIS map? I know there used to be a script for NY Orthos that had this functionality.

The script already supports that, but only for some GIS sites. If the GIS site supports URL parameters to set the map location and zoom, that can be included in the Google sheet.
Philistine11
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby beachbumli247 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:47 pm

Not sure if this is possible, but is there any way to have the script zoom in onto the relevant section of the GIS map? I know there used to be a script for NY Orthos that had this functionality.
beachbumli247
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Philistine11 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:59 am

snachodog wrote:For the Montana GIS spreadsheet, Teton County has GIS info at https://tcmt.maps.arcgis.com/home/index.html

I don't maintain any of the individual states' links, but I went ahead and took a look at that link. The plugin really works best when it links directly to a map. Do you think http://tcmt.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webapp ... 5b28b8b931 would be the best one to link to?
Philistine11
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby snachodog » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:15 pm

For the Montana GIS spreadsheet, Teton County has GIS info at https://tcmt.maps.arcgis.com/home/index.html
snachodog

Postby jangliss » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:09 pm

That could be handled by
Code: Select all
W.map.getExtent()
assuming the particular installation of ARC GIS (or whatever GIS) uses the same extent formats, or a format code can be passed in.
jangliss

Postby JustinS83 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:04 pm

Glad I'm not the only one that ran into this issue :)

I just added a button in my OH Scripts script to launch this particular one since it was the only one I had issue with. Interestingly, ours needed the extent corners not the center location.
JustinS83
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby jangliss » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:58 pm

JustinS83 wrote:Saw this after the fact. The one ARC GIS that I was testing on didn't like it; requires the format type and an extent with the format. Haven't had time to look into the others in the state

I'd be interested to see support added for the ARC GIS format. I've managed to verify on a couple that the data in Waze mostly works.

W.map.getCenter()

This will get you the X/Y position. The "format type" is 3857 because the one provided by:

W.map.getProjection()

Returns the old Google number (Google decided to be all cutesie, their made up number spells Google), which was turned into the official number 3857. Zoom is "level". So URLs could look like:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?center=<x>,<y>,3857&level=<zoom>

For a quick test, this outputs something like:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?center=-11532661.906565,3725616.8533008,3857&level=16

I tested it against Loving County, TX, and landed exactly where I wanted it:

https://pandai.maps.arcgis.com/apps/View/index.html?appid=9bd1087838e540388116f9bbf9095b25&center=-11532661.906565,3725616.8533008,3857&level=16
jangliss

Postby JustinS83 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:53 am

Philistine11 wrote:
JustinS83 wrote:
ldriveskier wrote:Wow, it would be awesome if any Ohio counties with this ability were linked like that Justin. ;)

WME GIS isn't my script, so I cannot do that :) Working on adding it for Hamilton county in OH Scripts, though :)

The script already supports it. You just need to add what crazycaveman was talking about to each appropriate county on the Ohio sheet.

Saw this after the fact. The one ARC GIS that I was testing on didn't like it; requires the format type and an extent with the format. Haven't had time to look into the others in the state
JustinS83
Country Manager
Country Manager

Next

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts