[Script] WMEMagic

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WMEMagic

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:44 pm

jm6087 wrote:
rschalie wrote:Another thing, more content: A lot of notifications on missing names are referring to bits of water or lines of trees. All those bits of water (ponds, ditches) and trees simply don't have names, so would it be possible to relax this requirement a bit?

There are that many ponds, ditches and trees mapped in WME? That seems a bit overboard IMO.

IMO unless it is a major landmark or somehow has a meaningful impact on navigation or situational awareness, and especially considering they aren't named and thus can't be found as a destination, that stuff shouldn't be mapped in the first place, just adds server/client/rendering load and brings no value. I like how Magic highlights these random unhelpful features without names. Click click click. Goodbye, unnamed thing.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
The Grumpy Dad
L4 AM -- Clark/Cowlitz/Skamania Counties WA US -- York/Seward/Lancaster Counties NE US
Beta Leader - Android

The more I learn, the more I discover how much I don't know.
SeveriorumPatrem
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby sketch » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:05 pm

SeveriorumPatrem wrote:
jm6087 wrote:
rschalie wrote:Another thing, more content: A lot of notifications on missing names are referring to bits of water or lines of trees. All those bits of water (ponds, ditches) and trees simply don't have names, so would it be possible to relax this requirement a bit?

There are that many ponds, ditches and trees mapped in WME? That seems a bit overboard IMO.

IMO unless it is a major landmark or somehow has a meaningful impact on navigation or situational awareness, and especially considering they aren't named and thus can't be found as a destination, that stuff shouldn't be mapped in the first place, just adds server/client/rendering load and brings no value. I like how Magic highlights these random unhelpful features without names. Click click click. Goodbye, unnamed thing.

First, I do not agree with this mindset. Plenty of unnamed or un-usefully-named bodies of water which are helpful to map for situational awareness. We have a number of drainage canals that run in medians in my area which have names like "Canal no. 3" which are not signed, not useful, and not known to the general public. Nevertheless, the map looks empty without them.

And please note that policies for mapping natural features are not the same around the world. Many areas in Europe have very visually rich maps which include, for example, forested areas — and, if I'm being honest, I wish we did more of this in the States.

https://www.waze.com/livemap?zoom=13&la ... n=12.27705
[ img ]
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • usa country manager • new orleans
2017 chevrolet ss sedan 6mt • slipstream blue metallic
[ img ] [ img ]
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby subs5 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:38 am

Can we get it so the Narrow road (US-English) or Alley (English) is a red You Must Fix This highlight?

USA has determined not to use this road type and for the new editor, they don't know so this would make it easier to find.

Suggestion was brought up in the SM Channel and received concurrence would be a good suggestion so posting it here.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby subs5 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:40 pm

dbcm wrote:To all states?
Is there any wiki page with that explanation so Magic can point the editor?

Yes,

Here is the USA Road Types Wazeopedia page.

Banner on the top.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby TRIANAV77 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:49 pm

rschalie configure it, activating the options of the screenshot, it will show you the errors!
Attachments
configuracion Magic.png
(57.66 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
[ img ]
Country Manager Colombia/Local Champ Mentor/Thailand AM
TRIANAV77
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby TRIANAV77 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:08 pm

you click on the image below your profile and there you get the configuration
Attachments
emogi Magic.png
emoji
(2.77 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
[ img ]
TRIANAV77
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby TRIANAV77 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:12 pm

rschalie wrote:Thanks. But you'll have to agree that to the uninitiated that's not really obvious.

okay, after you learn everything it's easy :D
[ img ]
TRIANAV77
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby TRIANAV77 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:31 pm

you can deactivate the ones you think are unnecessary, each country has a moderator for the Magic, talk to the Local Champs of your country, successes
[ img ]
TRIANAV77
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Previous

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts