[Script] WMEMagic

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WMEMagic

Postby vince1612 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:16 am

GeekDriverPeaceful wrote:Is it possible to enable highlighting issues at all zoom levels? I only see highlights at zoom levels 0-3.

If you do I'd prefer if this was possible to set as a user-preference for each editor in the script's tab. I don't want highlights at all levels.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby vince1612 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:26 pm

HairfootSpeedy wrote:I live in a region with LOTS of unpaved roads. Roads which unfortunately appear to be marked as "paved" in WME.

Is there any way to make WMEMagic select paved roads? I found the option to mark the unpaved roads, but I'd basically would love an "inverted" feature.

As this is a very specific need which might not be useful to add everywhere I think you'd be better off using WME Road selector and its highlight plugin. It will let you set any parameters that you want with conditions and highlight whatever fits your parameters.
This is the thread:
https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=819&t=173107
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby vince1612 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:30 am

HairfootSpeedy wrote:Is there any way to use WMEMagic to detect segments/streets which are lacking house numbers? Would sure be a neat feature.

I'm sure the devs could add it, however there are at least 1-2 other scripts that already can highlight segments without HNs out there.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby voludu2 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:08 am

Thank you so much for WMEMagic. I love it. I can find problems faster, and this tool can make it easier to teach newer editors.

Right now, I am working in basemap areas.
Would it be possible to have a check for "never edited" and/ or "last edited by admin". Because, in some basemap segments enough traffic has come through that the direction is 2-way and there are at least some green arrows in and out of the segment. But still, basemap editors should zoom into any area untouched by other editors. There are other problems that usually need to be corrected.

There will be unconfirmed (soft) turns, but the red glow is so much more visible.
Thank you for all of your help!
voludu2
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby voludu2 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:45 pm

SUGGESTIONS: Detect 2-segment loops
Detect 1-segment loops

Love the script!
Thanks!
voludu2
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby WazingArch » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:54 pm

Hi, it seems that the script doesn't highlight and show alternative names of segments if a junction box is already applied to them. It is not of a big problem to me, just wanted to inform the authors and everybody else.
Last edited by WazingArch on Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WazingArch
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby witoco » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:35 pm

Normally, segments have u-turns disabled. It could be nice to have a check for segments that have u-turns enabled. There are new editors enabling this u-turn feature everywhere. I guess this should be located in the blue section.

Thanks!!!!
witoco
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby xanderb » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:19 pm

SuperDave1426 wrote:According to the "maintainers" list at the web page for this addon, "Xander" is that person. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the username used here in the forum, because when I tried to send a PM, I got an error saying that the user doesn't exist.... :?

So far I only have Comment rights to the sheet, but as soon as that gets worked out I will start setting up customizations. If there is something you want specifically, send me a message.
xanderb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby xanderb » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:43 pm

jm6087 wrote:In the US we don't use the Auto Lock.

In the US we chose not use Autolock in production. It is available in beta for testing purposes since many other countries use the feature. This is working as designed.
xanderb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby yaacobyy » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:46 am

It is a very useful script. It would be nice if there will be a master on/off switch such that one can temporarily turn off all problem highlights without unchecking them, so that when the switch is turned on, it will highlight the same problems chosen before.
Thanks
yaacobyy
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts