[Script] WME Wide-Angle Lens

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Wide-Angle Lens

Postby juliansean » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:14 am

KuniaKid wrote:
juliansean wrote:
ojlaw wrote:
were you able to get the places scan working?
thanks, o

It stays frozen at 0% when trying to scan places. :(

I’ve found that sometimes I need to be at a lower zoom level to start. Like 4 or 5. But only sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was all the way down to zoom 7 when I tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sean Julian
SM: Texas
AM: Bronx, NY, Jackson, MS, Manhattan, NY, Mexico City, MX, Queens, NY, Eastern California

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
[ img ]
juliansean
State Manager
State Manager

Postby DCLemur » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:05 pm

I am unable to get a scan of roads to complete.

I am receiving the Download failed - network failure.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!
DCLemur
State Manager
State Manager

Postby Kartografer » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:09 pm

I haven't been able to see the tab for WAL in Firefox 52 for the past month or so. I have all parts of the script enabled in Tampermonkey. Has anyone else been able to use this in FF?
[ img ]
LG G4 on TMobile - Android 6.0
SM Ohio, AM New Mexico, South Dakota, Chiang Mai
Wazeopedia projects
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
-John 8:32
Kartografer
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby guitouktm » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:23 pm

Good evening, would it be possible to see one day the possibility of being able to add one or more criterium of road selector, to be able really to seek oneself what one wants.

Good night.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
SM Lot et Garonne
AM Oran (Algérie)
guitouktm
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby steelpanz » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:29 pm

First off, thank you, thank you, thank you for putting this script together and maintaining it. I used the Places sub-script last night and was able to find some hidden PURs across a vast editing area. I did noticed, however, that some place updates were not picked up by the scan. I wanted to see if it was common for the scan to miss some places or if, perhaps, I didn't configure the settings correctly. Under the Places tab, I only checked "Has Update Requests" and "Pending Approval," and let everything else remain null.

Again, thanks for opening this up for us!
steelpanz
State Manager
State Manager

Postby steelpanz » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:59 pm

After attempting to use this script over the past month, I've learned that one thing it struggles with is maintaining data if failure occurs during the scan. For example, I have 2 very large areas that I use this to scan. Fast forward 8-10 hours later, I may come back to find that the scan (which was progressing throughout the day) has crashed/halted. Unless I'm missing where the temporary file is being written, it appears all those hours of scanning have been lost for naught.

With that being said, is it possible to tweak the script where the file can be created at the beginning and just be overwritten occasionally or as new data is required for it? I know you may get into write-protected issues if the user opens the file, but if there is a way to begin writing the file, perhaps some issues can be addressed while the rest of the scan is going through its cycle.

Thanks again for your work on this script. Really like the ability to search through all these small towns without having to scan with my mouse.
steelpanz
State Manager
State Manager

Postby jr1982jr » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:56 pm

I have been doing Street scans for the past several weeks without incident (searching for city names). Today I added a new wkt describing a very simple rectangle and tried to look for no SLs in that area and it fails at 30%. I tried it 5x and it fails at exactly the same place. I'm going to go back to my complex county wkts and try the same thing but I thought I would ask here in the meantime.

Thanks,
jr1982jr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby jr1982jr » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:39 pm

So, I went back and reran 5 more complex wkt imports with the same exact street searches and they completed. Are there any tips on diagnosing this problem further?

Thanks,
jr1982jr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby jr1982jr » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:53 pm

I know Murphy messes everything up. My 6th attempt as SLs with the wkts I've been using for the last several weeks for other WAL projects hung at 62%. It's a WAL for one of the largest counties in the the state of MD. Is it possible that the size of the wkt area is causing a problem when dealing with SLs? Just thoughts.
jr1982jr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby crazycaveman » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:54 pm

I've been noticing my settings failing to load and causing WAL to fail to load in Firefox. It turns out that localStorage on FF cannot support invalid UTF16 characters (though maybe Chrome can?). Can you update the compress/decompress functions to use compressToUTF16 and decompressFromUTF16?
[ img ][ img ] [ img ][ img ][ img ]
ARC: South Atlantic Region
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts