[Script] WME Toolbox (1.8.14)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.8.14)

Postby BellHouse » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:53 pm

gOyDp wrote:I was recently promoted to 5 and can now see RevCons. Of course, that means I can now see them everywhere for some editors. The Autofix button on Toolbox doesn't seem to be working for me. In the console I see an error. Is this something that can be fixed or do I need to rely on manually fixing them?

[url]https://prnt.sc/na5ycw/[url]

Code: Select all
chrome-extension://ihebciailciabdiknfomleeccodkdejn/scripts/WME_Toolbox.prod.min.js:1016 Uncaught ReferenceError: WME_JNF_FixNode is not defined
    at Object.WME_JNF_FixNode (chrome-extension://ihebciailciabdiknfomleeccodkdejn/scripts/WME_Toolbox.prod.min.js:1016)
    at e.sec.WMETB_magicFixOthers (eval at <anonymous> (chrome-extension://ihebciailciabdiknfomleeccodkdejn/scripts/WME_Toolbox.prod.min.js:1016), <anonymous>:21:214)
    at initialize.triggerEvent (vendor-36593c9a162d903328cd.js:1)
    at e.value (app-3246c5f46d54e7b9976b.js:1)

gOyDp wrote:Update to my issue posted above... The extension in Chrome, JNF, was actually causing a conflict and making it so TB couldn't do its thing. Disabled it and it works as expected.

Toolbox should collaborate with the standalone JNF extension, too. A recent update to the standalone JNF extension has not been reflected in Toolbox, will be fixed in the next Toolbox release.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
Global Champ / DACH Champ / CM Germany
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:09 am

BellHouse wrote:And, it can't hurt if staff feels how cumbersome WME usage is without extensions...

[ img ]

[ img ]

And nominations for post of the year are now closed.....
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
The Grumpy Dad
AM, Clark/Cowlitz/Skamania Counties WA US -- LAM, Nebraska US
Beta Leader - Android

The more I learn, the more I discover how much I don't know.
SeveriorumPatrem
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby WazingArch » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:58 am

Is it possible for Toolbox to "Suppress unneeded junctions" on Pedestrian Boardwalk road type? This way it could be possible to simplify easily the overuse of this road type. Thanks.
Coordinator: BG • Local Champ • Translator
[ img ]
Уики България | Best map editing practice
WazingArch
Coordinators
Coordinators

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.8.14) Feature Request

Postby goldenvocals » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:53 pm

Would it be possible to make a feature for toolbox that allows editors to request unlocks on their respective discord servers? I think it would be a great tool to have. In SER you have to follow this format: L#->L#,City,State,Purpose,<PL>. it would be great to have a menu box pop up and allow you to choose your region, and it remembers your default region for next time. Then to choose whether you are requesting a lock or an unlock via a radio button then the script will fill in the lock level of the segment, venue, etc and the editors level. if it's a lock up the editors level should be first and the thing they are locking second. if it's an unlock then the thing they are trying to unlock should be first and the editors level second. City and state could be populated from the City and state field of the segment venue etc. for the purpose field you could have a list of common purposes in a drop down and have an other option to fill in your own. at the bottom of the menu is a OK and a cancel button. Clicking OK copies the text to the clip board and then the editor posts it where they need it. clicking cancel ends the script without changing anything.
or you could make it so that the script looks at the lat and long to auto detect which region it's in, confirms that with the user and then give them the option to automatically (auto-magically) post to their discord server's unlock channel under the editors username. Is any of this possible? This feature would make editing so much easier, faster, and more efficient! Thanks for your time.
Goldenvocals
goldenvocals

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.8.14) Feature Request

Postby jm6087 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:22 pm

goldenvocals wrote:Would it be possible to make a feature for toolbox that allows editors to request unlocks on their respective discord servers? I think it would be a great tool to have. In SER you have to follow this format: L#->L#,City,State,Purpose,<PL>. it would be great to have a menu box pop up and allow you to choose your region, and it remembers your default region for next time. Then to choose whether you are requesting a lock or an unlock via a radio button then the script will fill in the lock level of the segment, venue, etc and the editors level. if it's a lock up the editors level should be first and the thing they are locking second. if it's an unlock then the thing they are trying to unlock should be first and the editors level second. City and state could be populated from the City and state field of the segment venue etc. for the purpose field you could have a list of common purposes in a drop down and have an other option to fill in your own. at the bottom of the menu is a OK and a cancel button. Clicking OK copies the text to the clip board and then the editor posts it where they need it. clicking cancel ends the script without changing anything.
or you could make it so that the script looks at the lat and long to auto detect which region it's in, confirms that with the user and then give them the option to automatically (auto-magically) post to their discord server's unlock channel under the editors username. Is any of this possible? This feature would make editing so much easier, faster, and more efficient! Thanks for your time.
Goldenvocals

I am not a programmer but...

First, I think that this would be better as a stand alone script instead of inside Toolbox

Second, I don't know if it is possible to automatically post in the correct server, what if you aren't in a particular one. Also, which channel in that particular server (some regions have a dedicated unlock channel, some you just request in your state, some you request in the state's unlock channel, etc) I think the idea would be better to have it create the unlock format and put it in the clipboard so you can go to whichever server you want and paste. Another problem is that not all regions use the same unlock format, so you would need to create multiple format options.
jm6087
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby age4670 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:03 pm

What does the "max edits limit" option do? I have done a search but can't find any info.
age4670
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3

Postby iainhouse » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:33 pm

age4670 wrote:What does the "max edits limit" option do? I have done a search but can't find any info.

Some of the tools will stop working after you've made a certain number of changes since the last save. Instead you'll get a message telling you to save before using the tool.

It's a precaution against doing a large number of edits and losing them by the browser tab crashing or being accidentally closed. Also, sometimes, an early edit in a large batch may give a WME saving error - if that was the first change of 100, it can be really annoying to have to throw that away! :lol:

Note that, as always, we are talking about changes rather than edits. Toolbox (and the Save counter) will count 10 changes to the same segment as 10 changes, whereas your scoreboard will count it as 1 edit.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Postby Horizon911 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:36 pm

Please add country registration for TB FPs:
180, Poland, https://www.waze.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=795
Thank you
Horizon911

Previous

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts