[Script] WME Enhanced Search

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, JustinS83, Glodenox

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Enhanced Search

Postby ancho85 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:38 pm

JustinS83 wrote:
ancho85 wrote:I love this script. I would like to know if there is a way to find a specific location between two crossing segments (+ intersection). Like "XXX Ave & YYY Road" and it would take me directly were these two segments cross each other.

You can already do that - it is supported through the google search.
Search with an & between the two road names:

1st St & Main St

:o I really didn't know that! I'm guessing that since it opens the result in google maps I just need to find a script to open the WME from that location. Thanks JustinS83!
ancho85
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby JustinS83 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:12 pm

ancho85 wrote:
JustinS83 wrote:
ancho85 wrote:I love this script. I would like to know if there is a way to find a specific location between two crossing segments (+ intersection). Like "XXX Ave & YYY Road" and it would take me directly were these two segments cross each other.

You can already do that - it is supported through the google search.
Search with an & between the two road names:

1st St & Main St

:o I really didn't know that! I'm guessing that since it opens the result in google maps I just need to find a script to open the WME from that location. Thanks JustinS83!

I'm not sure what you mean - if you use this search format in WME it will go to that location in WME. Google search is used in the background, but the results take you to the location in WME.
Script Writing Community Coordinator
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
JustinS83
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby ancho85 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:59 pm

I'm learning now that I can do that. You are a life saviour. Thanks again.
ancho85
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Previous

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts