Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by jm6087
numbermaniac wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:28 am Just to check - does the script work for anyone else? It hasn't worked for me in Firefox for a long time - this is the error I get in the console.

Try using rhis version
https://github.com/SkiDooGuy/WME-Road-S ... SA.user.js

jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jonv-uk
Is it an issue that this script is displaying Road Shields in Production WME? Or can we safely assume that the only editors that will have installed it are beta editors?
jonv-uk
Area Manager
Area Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by Larryhayes7
I thought this was tied to WME prod at first but then realized that the side bar of quick buttons was coming from the RSA script.

Don't know if this has already been requested but I think it would be really important to add the airport symbol for the visual instructions.
When I used to fly a lot like every week with my previous job that was a very important symbol to look for looking for the airport and running late and if you glance away for a moment you might miss the BGS. But if it was added the the quick buttons that would be great! 

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a6/87/22 ... be25ac.gif

Larryhayes7
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
Can you please only highlight if the route number being shielded is the only thing on the segment? With the addition of the ramp highlighting, almost every single ramp segment now glows. Everything from a simple "to I-90 W" to more complex names are highlighted. Also, roads that are "Old US-42" were already being highlighted and shouldn't be. Thank you!

ETA: Clearly, if there is a directional on the route name, that should stay. Eg, "90 W" should be highlighted, but "to 90 W" or "Exit 5: 90 W » Cleveland" should not be highlighted.
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
The highlights on Maryland state routes (MD-xxx) always show "Segments that have shields but maybe shouldn't", even though they should have shields. Eg, MD-10 and MD-100 here.
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
jm6087 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:00 pm
maiapas wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:47 pm Hi Everyone,

Could you please explain the logic behind the attribute Highlights segments that have shields that maybe shouldn't? What does it mean?

Thank you!
Maia

If I am correct, basically it is just saying that the odds are the segment should not have a shield.

For example:  In the US, if the primary segment name is Main St, the primary segment name should have a road shield for US-123 since this would cause the entire section of Main St to get the shield.  It is very possible that US-123 does not follow the entire length of Main St.   

The shield should be placed on the alt name that has US-123

In your example, did you mean to say "if the primary segment name is Main St, the primary segment name should not have a road shield...".

ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by linguasaltitante
Hello.

Do not know if it would be inside the main goal of this script, but since RS is only automatically applied to all segments with same Street / City name, it would be helpful to have some tool like the one available in ToolBox where we can copy segment attributes.

In this case, the idea is to allow the user/editor to copy the same RS between a segment with same street name but different city name: user/editor would select the one already with RS and then copy RS to the one selected in second place with just a click of a button.

Thanks.
linguasaltitante
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by linguasaltitante
SkiDooGuy wrote:
Already was in the works, I just haven't taken the time to finish it.
Thank you for your feedback :)

Another thing that would be very helpful is the possibility to "populate" RS on one node to all segments that are connected to it. You can see an example of what I mean here: for those who goes here from here or here should receive same RS / instructions. The way it's currently designed, we need to add exactly the same info in both segments ... If possible, a "copy" button would make editing these situations much more easy ;)

Thanks in advance

PS: I always heard saying that "asking is no harmful" :lol:
linguasaltitante
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message