[Script] WME Validator 0.9.8 (BETA) / 15.04.2014

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: corrupted elevation

Postby dbraughlr » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:11 pm

BellHouse wrote:we can let this issue sleep again.

The issue belongs in another thread - not in this one.

It might be helpful if a moderator would move some of the elevation discussion from this thread to the other.
dbraughlr

Re: alternate street + city

Postby dbraughlr » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:25 pm

berestovskyy wrote:Any ideas?

String them together using delimiters, e.g. name + '\t' + city + '\n'.
dbraughlr

Re: right turn should be allowed

Postby dbraughlr » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:53 pm

berestovskyy wrote:2. No right* turn (for any drivable road)
* for the right-hand traffic
Report/highlight the segment if at the node:
a) there is a 90±5° right turn

Why not any segment between 80° and the continuation segment or 180° whichever is less?
Of course, when the continuation segment is <80°, it is the right turn.
dbraughlr

Postby dbraughlr » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:06 pm

sketch wrote:What do you mean by "up to 85°"? I would think it should apply for any angle (45º < angle ≤ 90º); i.e., any that would give a "turn right" instruction.

Ignoring the detail that departure angles from too sharp all the way to <135º give a "turn right" instruction, I still think that the point is that a turn should be expected to be allowed to any road between, say 45º and wherever the best continuation is.

In short, a road which merely requires "stay right" still should have its turn enabled- at least this is what I was expecting. So if the road bears hard left, a turn of straight ahead should be expected to be permitted even if 185º.

I think another way if saying this is that any road that can be reached without crossing traffic is the opposing direction, why is the turn not allowed?
(Yes, bypass roads like AGCs are such examples. I'm not asking. I'm just saying that this is the essence of the question that the validation asks.)
Last edited by dbraughlr on Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbraughlr

Postby dbraughlr » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:55 am

I was referring to the angle as measured from the current segment, not in degrees of turn.
So the angles I gave need to be subtracted from 180 to get degrees of right turn, e.g. 180° - 185° = -5° right turn (a turn slightly left of course).
dbraughlr

Re: threat

Postby dbraughlr » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:27 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:it can delete all segments

What kind of :twisted: threat is that??
dbraughlr

Re: title case is correct

Postby dbraughlr » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:52 am

j4m35ch3w wrote:is there any chance you can allow street names (in the US) that start with "de", "de la", "del", "el" and "la" to not trigger the #170 rule? There are a number of streets in San Diego that start with those and they are 'correct'.

As mentioned, we already hashed out this issue regarding #170 and there is a thread on the topic of capitalization. I invite you to contribute to that discussion.

I checked two of your examples from the street view. Clearly, Title case is used. Not only are the words you mentioned capitalized at the beginning of the name, they are capitalized in the middle of a name. I believe that the names you cited should be fixed in Waze to conform to the official spelling.

Conclusion: A street name starting with a lowercase letter is not something that should pass validation.
dbraughlr

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.4.5 (BETA) / 10.01.2014

Postby ditchi56 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:05 pm

When I try, I get a message: "Sorry, You cannot use WME Validator over here. Please check the forum thread for more information."

Well, perhaps the information about which countries it is available in is in this thread, but I haven't spotted it. Could the first post could be edited to give a list please?
ditchi56

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.6.1 (BETA) / 05.02.2014

Postby ditchi56 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:08 pm

Here's another example. What we have here is a road with a locked gate in the middle, to which only the residents have a key. Each end of the road is accessible to everybody, but only key holders can pass through.

If the central section isn't on the map, and any of the residents start driving through the gate with Waze running, Map Problems will result. OK, they can be deleted, but better to avoid them in the first place - besides an editor not knowing the situation might react to the Map Problem by creating an unrestricted link.

With the central section in but restricted, non-residents never get routed along the road past the gate. Neither do residents, which isn't ideal, but at least they know the area and can make their own decision to ignore the Waze route when they want.

So in my view, Validator should be detecting that the restrictions are different each side of the node, and not flagging it for removal.
ditchi56

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.6.1 (BETA) / 05.02.2014

Postby ditchi56 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:34 am

On this occasion, the "private road" penalty is not (or has not been at some time in the past) sufficient to stop through routing - passing through the gate saves a good ten minutes on some journeys, which is of course why the residents are so keen to keep their gate locked.
ditchi56

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts