Taco909 wrote:Can someone patch the forum software so we can thank tkr85 more than once?
I found a relatively easy method for working around this issue for Windows users. Although Chrome blocks the extension, they will still allow it if you're on a corporate network, which you can mimic on a Windows 7 computer even if you're not a part of a domain. Just follow these easy steps:
1) download Chrome group policy templates here: http://dl.google.com/dl/edgedl/chrome/p ... plates.zip
2) Copy [zip]\windows\chrome.admx to c:\windows\policydefinitions
3) Copy [zip]\windows\[yourlanguage]\chrome.adml to c:\windows\policydefinitions[yourlanguage]\chrome.adml
4) In Chrome, go to Settings -> Extensions
5) Check the Developer Mode checkbox at the top
6) Scroll down the list of disabled extensions and note the ID's of the extensions you want to enable. LogMeIn, for example, is ID: nmgnihglilniboicepgjclfiageofdfj
7) Click Start -> Run, and type gpedit.msc
8) Expand User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Google -> Google Chrome -> Extensions
9) Double-click to open "Configure extension installation whitelist"
10) Select "Enabled", then click "Show..."
11) In the list, enter all the ID's for the extensions you noted in Step 6
12) Click OK and restart Chrome.
All will be right with the world again, and you can have a drink and relish knowing that Google hasn't gotten the best of you yet.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users