Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by sulstore
Hello friends,

First of all I want to thank the developer, because this script is sensational and extremely useful.

I would also like to check the feasibility of adding a new function (I do not know how the routing server receives and sends the route data, maybe what I will suggest is not possible technically), well, come on:

Is it possible to create a field where we select the segment and force the passing time to this segment? This is for testing detours, for example. That is, instead of the time of passage coming from the server, the Script itself overwrites the time of passage so that we can make several diversion simulations based on the passage time of each segment.
sulstore
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Szata76
Great idea and implementation!

I have a problem. Same segment on same direction displays different speed depending on the start and endpoint. Of course the segment is in the middle of the route not at the ends.
Szata76
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Editor level: 6;
Area: Magyarország / Hungary ● Corfu (GR)
facebook.com/waze.hu

Post by taco909
PesachZ wrote:
okladriver wrote:I'm sure this is a Waze data issue and not something with the script, but has anyone seen same-segment times change depending on the overall route?

For example, I'm looking at two different routes with the same start and end point. I have one large segment that is common to both.

When I select one route it says the cross time is 64 seconds, when I select the other route it says the same segment is 78 seconds. Not a huge discrepancy, but odd to me.

Edit: Just had a thought. Do Waze calculate when you'll get to a certain segment and pull the data from that calculated time? That would make this behavior understandable if a different route had the driver getting to the common segment later or earlier than the other route.
Yes the speed is calculated for the estimated time you'll arrive at the segment, and also for which segment you are going to after that segment. I.e. the same segment will a different speed depending on if you're going straight or making a turn at the end of it.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
So the 78 might include added delay time transitioning from that segment, perhaps a left turn?

Does this also include acceleration/deceleration projections?
Reason I ask is on a test road (no actual speed data), my transition time on the first segment varies depending on to where I drag the start point.
The counterintuitive issue is when the start point is in the center of the segment, the number is 33. If I drag the pin to the beginning of the segment, that number actually drops to 29.
This is a fairly short PS segment.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
That was speed.

Never mind... other than it is interesting that it changes depending on the start point.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
htxu wrote:All I want is to tinker with the waze map.
Start here:

New Editors WELCOME ! https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Waze_Map_Editor/Welcome
Waze Map Editor http://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Waze_Map_Editor
Best Map Editing Practices http://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Waze_Map_Edit ... _Practices
New Editor Pitfalls https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Incorrect_edits
Update Request Process https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Update_Reque ... r#Overview
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
That is not bogus information. It is the default speed that Waze assigns to a PLR when it is created.
The Champs have been asking that this be reduced to a realistic speed for quite some time, as it DOES cause routing problems, particularly when an alley runs parallel to a street and the destination is on the alley.

We had a user routed off of a major highway and into an alley about a mile too early. Though the segment is properly a major highway, the speed limit is only 35mph. The alley appeared faster, and since the route did not require on-off, the user was directed to the alley.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
maqifrnswa wrote:Thanks for this!
I'm having some problems: every time I try to use WME Route Speeds, nothing happens.
Has anyone had any luck with Firefox 38.0 on Ubuntu 15.04?
No problems on Firefox here.
Please be sure to select the Route Speeds tab before selecting your segments. Once the segments are selected, the Route Speeds "A" and "B" pins will appear and may be dragged anywhere on the screen.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Olestas wrote:Why some of segments started appearing with Question mark instead of speed rating?
Looks like it's always the 2nd to the last segment that the "B" node is placed on.
routespeeds.jpg
(213.89 KiB) Downloaded 968 times
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
To use the script, select the Route Speeds tab.
Select your two segments, then manipulate the A and B pins for your start and end points (no segment selection is needed)
To clear out and stop using the script, just click to a different tab.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by tcalvert317
Hey All,

I've seen the discussion back and forth in regard to reliability of this script. I'm trying to respond to an odd routing question, and this app seems to be working fine. What are your thoughts about its reliability?

Thanks,

Ted
tcalvert317
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message