[Script] WME Route Speeds (Traffic)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Route Speeds (Traffic)

Postby anthndp » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:12 am

Hi, I just wanted to report that avoid tolls and avoid freeways no longer work in 1.2.8
Waze is Awesome.
anthndp

Postby FZ69617 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:42 am

anthndp wrote:Hi, I just wanted to report that avoid tolls and avoid freeways no longer work in 1.2.8

Thank you for the report - this was my mistake. Sorry for that.
Just FYI, also dirt roads option was affected by this bug in 1.2.8.

New fixed version 1.2.8.1 has been published - please update.
FZ69617
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby FZ69617 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:36 pm

WME Route Speeds version 1.2.9 has been released.

New features:
  • Centering the map on the A/B markers. Clickable labels of the A/B coordinates entry.
  • Routing options reset to the Livemap Route equivalents.
  • Added experimental "Fastest (no history)" route type option. A routing type found in old client sources, which seems to work still. I presume this requests the routes calculated without taking of the historical data into account - the routes likely similar to the ones calculated by a network disconnected client.
As always, any feedback is welcome. :)
FZ69617
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby PealRinger » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:10 pm

Fantastic work!

I have finally been able to see why I have been getting some strange peak-time routing at a local junction. https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=112777
Now to work out how to fix it!
- Andrew -

[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK Local Champ • UK Partner Coordinator • UK CM
AM for Hampshire, IoW and Channel Islands
UK WikiUK ForumWaze FAQUsability, simplicity, retention
PealRinger
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator

Postby okladriver » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:00 pm

I'm sure this is a Waze data issue and not something with the script, but has anyone seen same-segment times change depending on the overall route?

For example, I'm looking at two different routes with the same start and end point. I have one large segment that is common to both.

When I select one route it says the cross time is 64 seconds, when I select the other route it says the same segment is 78 seconds. Not a huge discrepancy, but odd to me.

Edit: Just had a thought. Do Waze calculate when you'll get to a certain segment and pull the data from that calculated time? That would make this behavior understandable if a different route had the driver getting to the common segment later or earlier than the other route.
okladriver

Postby PesachZ » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:32 pm

okladriver wrote:I'm sure this is a Waze data issue and not something with the script, but has anyone seen same-segment times change depending on the overall route?

For example, I'm looking at two different routes with the same start and end point. I have one large segment that is common to both.

When I select one route it says the cross time is 64 seconds, when I select the other route it says the same segment is 78 seconds. Not a huge discrepancy, but odd to me.

Edit: Just had a thought. Do Waze calculate when you'll get to a certain segment and pull the data from that calculated time? That would make this behavior understandable if a different route had the driver getting to the common segment later or earlier than the other route.

Yes the speed is calculated for the estimated time you'll arrive at the segment, and also for which segment you are going to after that segment. I.e. the same segment will a different speed depending on if you're going straight or making a turn at the end of it.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby okladriver » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:20 pm

PesachZ wrote:Yes the speed is calculated for the estimated time you'll arrive at the segment, and also for which segment you are going to after that segment. I.e. the same segment will a different speed depending on if you're going straight or making a turn at the end of it.

That makes perfect sense. Thank you.
okladriver

Postby taco909 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:11 pm

PesachZ wrote:
okladriver wrote:I'm sure this is a Waze data issue and not something with the script, but has anyone seen same-segment times change depending on the overall route?

Yes the speed is calculated for the estimated time you'll arrive at the segment, and also for which segment you are going to after that segment. I.e. the same segment will a different speed depending on if you're going straight or making a turn at the end of it.

So the 78 might include added delay time transitioning from that segment, perhaps a left turn?

Does this also include acceleration/deceleration projections?
Reason I ask is on a test road (no actual speed data), my transition time on the first segment varies depending on to where I drag the start point.
The counterintuitive issue is when the start point is in the center of the segment, the number is 33. If I drag the pin to the beginning of the segment, that number actually drops to 29.
This is a fairly short PS segment.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby PesachZ » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:16 am

taco909 wrote:...
Reason I ask is on a test road (no actual speed data), my transition time on the first segment varies depending on to where I drag the start point.
The counterintuitive issue is when the start point is in the center of the segment, the number is 33. If I drag the pin to the beginning of the segment, that number actually drops to 29.
This is a fairly short PS segment.

Is that 33 and 29 in seconds to traverse, or mph? There is a difference in the math, you can choose in settings.
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby taco909 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:13 am

That was speed.

Never mind... other than it is interesting that it changes depending on the start point.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts