Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Bookmarks

Post by
This script was originally discovered in the French forums in the following post:
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=106612&hilit=WME+Bookmarks#p878107

While my original post here about the script included my Google assisted French to English translation, an English translation is now available at the script's host site.

Please see the following site for the latest version and authors' English Description of the script:
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/4515-wme-bookmarks

The following is the author's description of version .71
Sebiseba wrote:This script will create bookmarks. It adds a new tab.

Simply click a button to add to your bookmark in your list.
You can rename your bookmark and add a comment (comment icon), relocate and share with yours friends
If there are a comment, the icon changes to blue. A simple mouseover allow to read the comment.
Languages available : french, english & german

• V0.64/0.65 Server change (IP seemed to be blacklisted in some countries)
• V0.66 Compatibility after WME update
• V0.67/0.68 Bug fix on the detection of permalinks pasted in the search bar / Design v2
• V0.69 MPs/URs are opened when paste a permalink. Bug fix about layers
• V0.71 Compatibility after WME update / Bug fix about synchro

Description :
• Bookmarks : This is the list of your saved locations.
• Sharing : Here comes bookmarks that editors have shared with you. You can rename, relocate, comment ans remove sharing. Sync automatically on all accounts
• History : List of previous locations. This lists show only permalinks you pasted in the search bar.
• Backup : List of your bookmarks (format : CSV)
• Parameters : Here you can choose to use the script online or not. To apply the zoom and layers contained in the bookmarks and delete the data contained in the localstorage and / or remote server
I would suggest postings comments only in the original French thread English and in then French as a courtesy.

POSTER_ID:871703

Send a message
Last edited by GizmoGuy411 on Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post by Inactive user -1673857766-
Feature request: If possible, could you add the ability to re-order the list by click-and-drag? That ability would always be helpful but especially now with the Falcon MapRaid my bookmark list is getting quite long and I need to prioritize entries manually.

Thanks for all your good work on this script.
Inactive user -1673857766-
Send a message

I've been away from Waze for a while. Could someone remind me how to create a new bookmark? Thanks.
Send a message

Thanks so much. I should have remembered that.
Send a message

deanonzl wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:40 pm Is it possible to get the script working again, after the latest WME broke it?
It's a very handy utility for managing multiple areas.
Thanks.

I use this script many times everyday to track various projects and so things that I will work on later aren't forgotten.  I hope that it can be updated. 
Send a message

SuperDave1426 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:30 pm It looks like this script has stopped working with the current WME.  Any chance of a fix anytime soon? :)

It's working fine for me in Chrome and WME Production and Beta.

Send a message

Post by aBshield
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:But it does the permalink load immediately after pasting. Is that WAD? it's disconcerting to me. Would like to be able to hit Enter or something before it loads the permalink.
I see the same; PL is executed immediately after pasting. Firefox 46.0.1.

This functionality is exactly what I was looking for. Great script!
aBshield
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Seems the latest WME update broke the search box permalink paste? I get the "Let's Go !" but when I hit Enter, it just searches for "let's go"

Other scripts are installed, and I haven't tried isolating yet.

UPDATE: I disabled everything else and it does work. :) But it does the permalink load immediately after pasting. Is that WAD? it's disconcerting to me. Would like to be able to hit Enter or something before it loads the permalink.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Andy_Na
Hey Sebiseba

I use bookmarks on 2 computers. Cloud sync works a bit strange.

For example if I sync my second computer with cloud information, bookmark names are gone (only city name appears) and all layers were active. First computer is still fine.
Is it possible to activate sync manually? I don't see an option to do.

Regards
Andy
Andy_Na
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Bundeslandmanager/State Manager Berlin/Brandenburg
Area Manager Region Remstal, Filstal, A8 (Alb/Fildern)

https://www.ib-ziessow.de/images/waze/rip_tsd66.png

Post by Andy_Na
Hi Sebiseba

Hast nothing to do with POI or WME Beta.
I try once again.

I create a bookmark called "Berlin - Brandenburger Tor" on computer no. 1. One day later I use computer no. 2 and get ask to sync bookmarks.
I sync from cloud to computer no. 2 caus I like to get the bookmark from no. 1.

After sync is finished, I only get a bookmark called "Berlin". "Brandenburger Tor" is missing and all layers = ON.
Position on the map is OK.

Regards
Andy
Andy_Na
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Bundeslandmanager/State Manager Berlin/Brandenburg
Area Manager Region Remstal, Filstal, A8 (Alb/Fildern)

https://www.ib-ziessow.de/images/waze/rip_tsd66.png