Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by dspille
JohnsanGeezo wrote:Since the WME UI update, my new bookmark pin hasn't worked. Is this something that has been noticed by others?
I can confirm this issue as well.
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by dspille
Sebiseba wrote: Bogey2, dspille, it's ok now with new server ?
Yes. All is well with the new server. I can now access it via our AT&T connection. Thanks for all the great work!
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by FZ69617
Sebiseba wrote:Update V0.51

WARNING about V0.51 installation if you use V0.25 :
Before install this script, you must make a backup of your bookmarks or they will be lost.
In fact, the storage format is different and the old format will be considered defective and will be deleted.
I confirm. I lost all my bookmarks thanks to that. :(

You should not assume all users are regularly following this thread.

Normally the Script Managers upgrades the scripts automatically, and most people are looking for info regarding change details only after update of the script.

In my opinion, when a storage format changes it's much better practice to provide automatic conversion of the old format into a new one, or at least protect old user data in a local storage providing manual export/import of it.

I think, the script changes went in the right direction, thanks! However, the loss of all my bookmarks (about 100) slightly overshadows a full joy of your work. :/
FZ69617
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by g1220k
mapman44 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:26 pm I've been away from Waze for a while. Could someone remind me how to create a new bookmark? Thanks.

You have to click the green pin in the left upper corner of the editing window.

g1220k
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by g1220k
Script update (v1.00.3) :

NEW:
  • Migrate to new Waze API to initialize a user script
  • Migrate to new Waze API for creating tabs
  • Removed Download-helper/Sandbox part
  • Switched to the "new" WME Layer Menu
  • Various adjustments to the new WME
FIXES:
  • Search bar: Live-map and Google Map
  • Auto switch to Bookmarks Tab
  • Changing Country

With this update, large parts of the code have been changed. I hope that I didn't overlook anything and didn't make any mistakes, but if you find some issues then please let me know.

g1220k
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by g1220k
G_W1Z wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:25 am
g1220k wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:08 pm I found an error when setting the zoom level.
Can you please check if version 1.00.4 solves your problem.

I updated and it does not. Same behavior (with all other scripts/extensions disabled.)

I'm sorry but I can't reproduce your problem.  :(
Even if I use your bookmarks, the problem does not arise for me.
Can you please clear your browser cache, maybe that will help 

g1220k
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by g1220k
DevlinDelFuego wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:46 pm I'm using chrome and I noticed with version 1.00.3 I can see the first tab of bookmarks but all the other tabs for bookmarks are greyed out and I can't select them. Also the green pin is missing and there is no bookmarks layer in the layers panel.

Can you please update to version 1.00.5 and if the problem still exist send me a screenshot.

g1220k
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message