[Script] WME Map Tiles Update

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Map Tiles Update

Postby doctorkb » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:30 pm

This is great! If you wanted to, you could probably glean the time of day the update was performed -- if you mouse-over the date in the line "This entry was posted in North America Tile Updates on September 18, 2014." it gives you the time of day...

Also, it would be awesome to include this in Toolbox... are you sure I can't persuade you to join our team? :)
Waze Global Champ
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby doctorkb » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:44 pm

Toolbox has plenty of "passive" tools as well. And we'd like to build some more in, like a list of Places (similar to the list of Segments).

We would ensure you're credited in the Acknowledgements for the continued work on TB, and you'd certainly be able to keep working on that portion if that's all you wanted to do.

The big thing is that it would be available to everyone who uses TB -- which I believe is one of the most widely distributed scripts.
Waze Global Champ
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby fsmallmann » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:38 pm

I love this script.

BTW, I changed mine to be translated into Brazilian Portuguese. If you want to incorporate this into the script, here's the code (only the middle segment is new).

Code: Select all
            // Post dates
            if (MTULang == "fr") {
                var lang = new Array("Mis à jour jusqu'au","Fait le","(Retard)");
                var date1=MTUdate[8] +" "+ translate(MTUdate[7]) +" "+ MTUdate[9];
                var date2=MTUdate2[1].replace(',','') +" "+ translate(MTUdate2[0]) +" "+ MTUdate2[2];
            }
            else if (MTULang == "pt-BR")
            {
                var lang = new Array("Dados de","Efetuado em","(Atraso)");
                var date1=MTUdate[8] +" de "+ translate(MTUdate[7]) + " de "+ MTUdate[9];
                // substr operation needed because MTUdate2[1] includes a comma (",") at the end
                var date2=MTUdate2[1].substr(0,MTUdate2[1].length-1) +" de "+ translate(MTUdate2[0]) + " de " + MTUdate2[2];
            }
            else {
                var lang = new Array("Last update","Performed","(Delay)");
                var date1=translate(MTUdate[7]) +" "+ MTUdate[8] +", "+ MTUdate[9];
                var date2=translate(MTUdate2[0]) +" "+ MTUdate2[1] +" "+ MTUdate2[2];
            }
fsmallmann

Postby fsmallmann » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:56 pm

Hi Sebiseba.

Thank you!

Brazilian Portuguese has its roots in the Portuguese from Portugal and we are able to understand each other. But some words have very different meanings. For instance, puto may mean a boy (pt-PT) or a gay male (pt-BR). While we use the English word mouse for the computer mouse, they use its literal translation (rato).

So, I wouldn't assume the translation I did applies to pt-PT. :)

Fabiano S. M.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.
fsmallmann

Postby gamasi » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:05 am

aeroseek wrote:
Sebiseba wrote:Update (v1.04) :
  • Compatibility with the latest version of WME
;)

Fastest fix in history of history :D

Thanks guys!!
gamasi
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Glodenox » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:09 pm

Heads-up: this script will be affected by an upcoming change within the WME objects: W.location will no longer exist in the next (or one of the next) versions of the WME. This script seems to use W.location.code twice, see this sticky for more information.
Belgium & Luxembourg Coordinator • Script Writing Community Coordinator
[ img ][ img ]
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby gohamstergo » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:39 pm

Hey, can you add an option to not have the status window appear when loading WME? I currently have to manually close the window each time. Other than that, great script!
gohamstergo

Postby gohamstergo » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:31 pm

Sebiseba wrote:Hi gohamstergo,

Status window appear only when there's a map update (with green background), otherwise not.
I can add an option but I don't know where. I don't want add a tab only for this.

Oh, gotcha! One idea: You could add a simple variable in the script itself and the user could change it from 0 to 1, or vice versa.

Either way, thanks for the reply!
gohamstergo

Postby iainhouse » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:18 am

Hi there.

With the latest update, the element with class olControlPanZoomBar no longer exists. Since that's the element to which you add the Info_div element for the script, it means that div no longer gets created and the button doesn't appear on-screen.

I'm currently experimenting to return the zoom bar but the method I'm using doesn't work well with Info_div when the screen is resized. Anyway, there will be plenty of people who don't use my script, or who use it but won't recreate the zoom bar.

So you'll probably need to update the script to place Info_div somewhere else. It might work well if you place it below the WME Bookmarks button or you could place it with the default WME zoom buttons. When I add the zoombar back, I can then account for it from there. :)
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Postby iainhouse » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:03 pm

FYI, my working code for WME FixUI, which I'm aiming to release tonight, will deal with WME Map Update in the following way:

If my new zoombar is turned on, then the Info_div will be successfully created and attached to it. I then detect the Info_div within my zoom bar and reattach it to the native WME map controls with the following code:
document.getElementById("overlay-buttons").appendChild(document.getElementById("Info_div"));
document.getElementById("Info_div").style.marginTop = "10px";
document.getElementById("Info_div").style.marginLeft = "4px";

That lines it up nicely below the Waze controls. An added bonus is that, if you then deactivate my zoom bar, the Info_div remains in existence and drops down to the bottom RH corner along with the Waze controls.

So if you want to attach it directly as above, I reckon it will look fine. ;)
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts