Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by taco909
doctorkb wrote:I can't understand the use case here. If it's a dead end, the only use for it would be to navigate to an address on the street.

And, if it is a dead-end, it is two way -- otherwise you have either no way to get in, or no way to get out.

Leaving it "unknown" doesn't do any good... in fact, it would only point out a poor editor to senior editors. :)
Leaving it temporarily only... yes, if left after the final save, it would point out a poor editor.

In my case, I was splitting a road, so as I moved from driveway to driveway I had to clear the revcons.
Rather than create a new one-way for each segment as I moved along, I created and named one segment, changing only the city name as I progressed... so as I moved along, I was stretching the "new" one-way and adding the connections to the driveways where they had crossings on the medians.
To clear the unconfirmed turns created by the new junctions, I used "QW" then set the restricted turns, but if the termination of my "working" segment was on-screen, it converted it to 2-way and created a Revcon when converted back.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
doctorkb wrote:It sounds like you just need to modify your process. Connect everything up, then deal with the turn restrictions.
Or make sure the end node is off-screen. I assumed that it was a bug, but now that I know it is supposed to do it AND we have the ability to work around it, it's cool and I can deal with it.
That said... "splitting a road" is also a rare occurrence... or should be.
True true... I'm usually unsplitting crap with a bunch of driveways on both sides and a center turning lane. This was about a 5 mile stretch with a hard median that is driveway-city on one side and nothing but RR tracks on the other (thankfully with plenty of crossovers and legal u-turns), so it was quite the project involving SV and a field trip to confirm, but I was able to complete it before the cutoff for updates (and then we didn't get a tile update Saturday night :roll: )
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Hmm....

Now that I think about it, I posted in the URO+ thread that "Open in new WME Tab" doesn't... it reloads the current window at the zoomed location.

But now I realized that I still have my original browser window open from before I force-updated my scripts.
Scripts that updated were Toolbox, Livemap Closures, and Livemap UR Overlay.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
doctorkb wrote:
Taco909 wrote:Hmm....

Now that I think about it, I posted in the URO+ thread that "Open in new WME Tab" doesn't... it reloads the current window at the zoomed location.

But now I realized that I still have my original browser window open from before I force-updated my scripts.
Scripts that updated were Toolbox, Livemap Closures, and Livemap UR Overlay.
I have URO+ (3.29) and TB (1.5.1) on this machine, both installed as Chrome extensions. Those links all work for URs.
Disabled Live UR and it seems to be working.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Didn't see this mentioned and I'm not sure if this has been noticed (or fixed).
Last night when I opened Livemap from the forum screen (all WME windows had been shut down), Livemap "remembered" the last position AND ZOOM LEVEL of the overview window, so instead of opening to the last area that I edited (I often pop over to Livemap to temporarily save a location), it opened revealing everything from Santa Barbara to San Clemente.

The panning and screen centering cababilities of the overview window are helpful, but given that between the chat window and the overview window nearly 50% of my editing space is covered, as well as the above issue and the inability to pan/zoom on the area "under" the map when it is closed, I really wish that there was a way to completely disable it, rather than just toggle it on and off.

I like it, but not if it's going to blow out my Livemap "home" location.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
SkiDooGuy wrote:I asked this for Canada specifically, I edit there as well and the script won't work there as the locking standards are very different.
In what way? As long as lock levels are based on FC, it is not difficult to modify the script (perhaps have two installed, one for the US and one for Canada).
If the lock levels are based on something else, then disregard, it won't work properly.

What are "Traffic locks"?
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
PesachZ wrote:
Taco909 wrote:
What are "Traffic locks"?
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Traffic_locks
Interesting... I can see that being a very good system.
FC works for the most part, but requires attentive editors. I recently found a long stretch of Rt-66 in an urban area that was at L1.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
doctorkb wrote:There is a bookmarklet for that already... should we incorporate that into TB?
Does the bookmarklet work at zoom-0?
URO allows viewing at Zoom-1 and the existing script will work on what is viewable.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
doctorkb wrote:
PesachZ wrote:Don't unapproved cameras get deleted after 30 days automatically?

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
I think so.

Unless someone approves them, because they don't know better.
Bingo.

Had a string of speed cameras dropped from the app and approved by the same "editor" yesterday.

Speed cameras are illegal in California, and for the most part, RLCs are going away, not being added. Many cities have allowed their contracts to expire, and there have been a few judges that have ruled them illegal in some counties.
I'm not aware of any new "customers" in the last 6 years.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Arnoniem wrote:I've also seen some areas, where the empty alt name has a different city name. Don't understand that purpose, but might have to be considered with creating such a tool.
In some cases, this would be a situation where an area has been incorporated into another city, but it is still a Census Designated Place, and though the mailing address is the main city, the original name prior to incorporation might be found on businesses and street names, and some of the old-timers may use them.
But... the Alt name should have the street name (and would if it were done manually), so I suspect what you are referring to is what Sketch referred to.

As for the tool, I like the idea, but even as an L3, I would ask that this only be available to L4+AM, or that it be only available to apply to "Street" (and PLR/Pvt), plus an individually selected segment for L3. Some of the "quality" that I've seen from L3 editors, and L2 being FAR too easy to reach, the availability of mass-editing tools scares me.

In one specific instance, we have a Primary that becomes a Minor and the name changes on a bridge with a set of freeway ramps.
Without the alt names, people approaching the ramps will get a "stay to the left" instruction where the name changes if the Alt name is not there to ensure BC.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich