[Script] WME Toolbox (until 1.5.9, now archived)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (>=1.4.6.0)

Postby KB_Steveo » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:56 am

Would it be possible for the "Unconfirmed turns" icon to be disabled on dead end nodes since they are no longer able to be fixed with JNF?
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
WI State Manager
NE Wisconsin Area Manager (Green Bay / Appleton / Sturgeon Bay)
Wisconsin mapping resources curator
KB_Steveo

Postby KB_Steveo » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:34 am

I'm having problems with "Redo Roundabout". All it does is delete the roundabout that is there (Chrome & Toolbox 1.4.7.0)
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
WI State Manager
NE Wisconsin Area Manager (Green Bay / Appleton / Sturgeon Bay)
Wisconsin mapping resources curator
KB_Steveo

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.4.6.0)

Postby kentsmith9 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:15 pm

Fantastic Doctorkb. Your contributions are sincerely appreciated across the entire Waze community.
USA: Now Idaho; previously California (Northern, SF/SJ)

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
PLEASE READ: Waze Map Editor (Start Here) | Editing Quick-start | Best Practices | Junctions
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:32 am

On the U-Turns topic, when you are in a country or state that generally accepts U-Turns, the message "Auto Fix U-Turns" is ambiguous. I propose that with the current functionality the text should say "Auto Disable U-turns".

doctorkb wrote:I would suggest we even create a function to enable all u-turns on a selected node.

I would then propose that you are likely to be editing an area that either generally allows or does not allow U-Turns, so maybe the settings can swap between "Auto disable U-turns" with a red u-turn triangle and "Auto enable U-turns" with a green u-turn triangle.

PLEASE READ: Waze Map Editor (Start Here) | Editing Quick-start | Best Practices | Junctions
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:38 am

Remind me how an AM can damage the map by using the Suppress Unneeded Geometry tool in their area? Also I believe the Tool Box currently limits the tool to AM and Level 5+ editors.

Is this proposal to not Allow AM use outside the area they manage even if they drove there? Sounds like a small impact.

kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:54 pm

Since one of the major concerns for the Simplify Geometry option is that it hardens segments that weren't yet validated, is it possible for the unselected segment option of Simplify Geometry to exclude segments that have soft turns still present?

kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:44 am

Just noticed this. Not sure if it has been present before this last release or not.

Ver 1.5.5 with released editor

Using the "Auto Fix Unconfirmed Turns" option. After using that option and after saving, the segments affected will no longer have an elevation setting. They are set to null and show up as an error with no elevation.

Two things I noticed.

1. After using the Auto Fix but before saving, the elevation of the segments are fine and read as "Ground".

2. Not 100% of all segments that are altered will see the problem. I have not isolated what triggers the segment being affected or not.

kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby khaytsus » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:41 am

Helgramite wrote:Probably should keep my comments to myself, but what a collosal waste of time we are engaged in. Not sure that I understand all of the uproar.

As an example: If there are say 100K issues with an area and they go unfixed for months and months upon end, then Wazers have a suboptimized solution. That means that the local -group- of editors hasn't had the time available, or hasn't taken the time, to clean up their area.

Just to throw my two cents in (let me know if I get change back) when I am hitting an area that's a huge mess, I used to use scripts to do all-the-things in a section, 2 way roads, allow all directionality, etc, and I'd do that over a small area in some confined space, say between two sets of major roads or something. Then I'd go back and fix the details, like directionality, road names, city names, etc. It'd save me a LOT of time vs doing every single one of those fixes individually.

But I think the problem is people pan-and-click and aren't actually providing anything useful to the map, and often times making things worse.

But to slow down the people who abuse it, you slow down the people who use it. It's a balancing act I suppose.
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)
[ img ]
khaytsus

Postby klos96 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:43 am

Very good job!
Thank you very much! :D
klos96
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby kodi75 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:12 am

davielde wrote:
crazycaveman wrote:Can I ask what is meant by snapping?

Yes, it's the distance in pixels at which whatever you are dragging will "snap" automatically to another object like a node or segment.

I feel like such a pro answering that, but I had a similar question myself a few days ago 8-) . It was a setting in the Config Panel that I had never touched.

So not everyone here is an AutoCAD / Microstation hack!
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts