Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by pvo11
SkiDooGuy wrote:Could you please add a feature for this script that remembers when you turn it off for the next time you refresh or open a window.
New version 1.0 released.
The version change from 0.6 to 1.0 means that the script is tested enough and therefore it is not beta any more :) .
pvo11
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvo11
PesachZ wrote: Therefore it would be great if the script could identify segments which are planned to be closed in the future as well.
This would be a very nice feature :-).

The list of segments is visible in the Google Sheets where the closures are entered in but these sheets are separate for each country and not open to public.
Additionally there is a problem with data filtering. I do not know the Google docs API in detail but I think there is no possibility to make a filter to rows, which should be read. This would mean reading of the complete table and filter the data in the script.
I am not very optimistic about the possibility to implement this feature without some Waze interface or adding this feature to the live map.

We solve this problem by locking the segments with closure to L4. This avoids editing segments by most of editors. Disadvantage of this solution is that the segments must be locked and unlocked manually.
pvo11
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvo11
I thing the easiest way would be to add the future closures to the live map data with some flag or start date of the closure. I guess it is easy change on the Waze side.

If there future closures will be shown on the live map (with another color) or not is another question. I guess it is no problem to send the data but not show in the live map.
pvo11
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvo11
doctorkb wrote:Issue: Layer name conflicts with one on Beta Editor.

Suggest change to just "Closures"?
Renaming is no problem.

Do you know what is in the new Road Closures layer? I did not see anything there. I guess it will show the same as my script, therefore my script will not be necessary in the future. Therefore the other possibility is to disable the script for Beta Editor.

What is better solution?

What about the name "Live map Closures"?
pvo11
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvo11
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: Only L5+ can see the Road Closures layer. Currently, the layers look like this with Road Closures being default set to Shift+c as the shortcut:
I don't have access to the beta with my login. In the Practice mode is the layer visible but there is nothing visible in the layer.
pvo11
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvo11
Version 1.2 released.
  • fix of beta compatibility issue
pvo11
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message
Last edited by pvo11 on Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by pvo11
PesachZ wrote:I was going to post saying your layer is more visible, and should not be discontinued. But I see you already updated. Thanks
I've changed the layer name yesterday but the script still doesn't work in beta WME.

I made some tests today and there in something broken with ajax method I'm using to read the LiveMap data. Other scripts using the same method are affected too (for example: "WME LiveMap Alerts Overlay").

It is possible that the method is disabled by intent and such scripts will not work after the beta will be switched to production.
I will try to find some solution but I cannot guarantee anything.
pvo11
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvo11
dummyd2 wrote:since the script runs in a monkey, you can use GM_xmlhttpRequest instead of ajax method to allow cross-domain requests.
See description
The GM_xmlhttpRequest is probably not compatible with some other function I use.
When I replace
// @grant none
with
// @grant GM_xmlhttpRequest
in the header without any other changes in the code the script doesn't work anymore.

In my second test I wrote a very simple script, which makes just call of the function, and this script works therefore the problem is not in the function itself.
pvo11
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvo11
stefaanschroeyers wrote:This script is not working anymore, probably since the last WME update. I hope this will be fixed, it's a very useful script!
I see the closures in the map in my country.
Cold you send me a permalink to a segment with a closure which is in the Live map but not shown by my script?
pvo11
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvo11
shawndoc wrote:What I'm seeing is the closures are showing up on the NA production server, but not on the beta server.
It is known feature.
viewtopic.php?f=819&t=109480&start=40#p940817
pvo11
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message