Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by wcmans67
Good Morning,
I am signed up (and approved) as a Beta tester for iOS 8+, but I did not receive an invitation from TestFlight for the latest iOS Beta. Is there something I did not complete properly in the registration process?

Thanks,
Chris M.
wcmans67

Post by wcmans67
I did not. I only received the email notification that a new beta app was available (On Thurs 1/15) available through Centercode.

Is there a way I can request the testflight email?

Sending the AppleID through PM.

Thx,
Chris
wcmans67

Post by whatnt
I don't envy you having to support fragmented Android. So many many phone manufacturers change the OS. They and service providers prevent updates. Some even still sell phones with very outdated versions of Android. That's like buying a new computer with Windows XP or older. Its ridiculous.

FYI: WMEditor Lite seems to be working well enough with Marshmallow (6.0 Build MDB08K and MRA58K) on Nexus 6P and Nexus 5.
whatnt
Master Raider
Master Raider

Post by whatnt
deeggo wrote:Can you please fix the Android zoom bug first, it's really critical. Thanks ;-) Appreciate it.
It works fine for me on Android 6.0.1. Which version are you using?
whatnt
Master Raider
Master Raider

Post by whatnt
deeggo wrote:
whatnt wrote:
deeggo wrote:Can you please fix the Android zoom bug first, it's really critical. Thanks ;-) Appreciate it.
It works fine for me on Android 6.0.1. Which version are you using?
5.0.2. Hope to receive a MM update soon. Nevertheless, I don't know if it's Android version specific.
Fragmentation is a pain. But I don't know if that is the problem either now.

I don't have anything that old, but zoom also works fine on my tablet with 5.1.1. So I test it on all of my Android devices; it works fine.
  • Nexus 7 v5.1.1
    Nexus 5 v6.0.1
    Nexus 6P v6.0.1
whatnt
Master Raider
Master Raider

Post by whatnt
PHIL-IP63 wrote:Good news but for me the app still no work on my Galaxy Note 10.1 (Android 4.4.2) and Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)(Android 4.4.2) :cry:

On the second the app crash if I make a click (anywhere) and on the 2 Galaxy Note it's impossible to go in "parameters" the app crash always time. :(
Android support is very difficult.

Each manufacturer tweaks the OS to its own desires. Also, they and each wireless carrier can stipulate if and when an OS update will be made available. Software developers have to keep up with all of that. It is a huge undertaking. Obviously they cannot test each device on the market.

The Note 10.1 was first released in 2012, the other in 2014. Android 4.4.2 was Dec 2013. Those are ancient by mobile standards. If Samsung and your carrier have not released an update by now, they probably never will. I know that Android Jelly Bean (4.3) and older are end-of-life, but I'm not sure about 4.4.

Most software developers won't support something that old. I can't speak for WMEditor Lite developers, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

So, when you're wondering why WMEditor Lite won't work on your device, consider its age.
whatnt
Master Raider
Master Raider

Post by whatnt
PHIL-IP63 wrote: 2014 version of Note in France is waiting its update to 5.1.1 lots of other european country has been updated ;)
They'll finally, supposedly, update to something that old? Yikes.

Just goes to show you how tough it is to make WMEditor work for everyone.
whatnt
Master Raider
Master Raider

Post by Walter-Bravo
Carlos buenas noches, envíe la solicitud, quería hacer parte de este proyecto WMEditor Lite Alpha, si es posible le reiteró mis agradecimientos

Country Manager Colombia
Walter-Bravo
Coordinators
Coordinators
Last edited by Walter-Bravo on Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by WazinBruce
Hey carloslaso, submitted the form for registration, already running Test Flight for a number of other apps, so looking forward to being added to the team
WazinBruce
Just Wazin' through life and loving it!

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png

Active Editor for East Side of Cleveland, Ohio

Wiki Resources: Ohio Wazeopedia | New Ohio Editors | Ohio Area Managers

Post by whatismoss
any plan on an android update ?
whatismoss
Beta tester
Beta tester