Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Post by Szata76
Hi,
I welcome your idea! Do You plan to make Android version also, or only for iOS?
Szata76
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Editor level: 6;
Area: Magyarország / Hungary ● Corfu (GR)
facebook.com/waze.hu

Post by taco909
ottonomy wrote:just being able to properly view and analyze the map, zoom, select URs, and flip turn restrictions
Not to mention assigning street names and addresses for new subdivisions, since it is unlikely that we will ever get another street or address import (I can't imagine the logistics of that kind of a data merge!)
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
carloslaso wrote:I once went out of the country and bought a data plan in Verizon, I wanted to correct some problems in WME and later I realised that WME is data hungry, it loads map layers at different zoom points, so an option to manually enable this app to use cellular data has to be added.
Perhaps set the default to not load the aerial imagery? I would imagine that is the greatest amount of data.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
PesachZ wrote:This is amazing. I'd love to be able to test I edit on an Android phone 4. 4.2 most of my editing is done through remote desktop from my phone.
Wow.

You have my utmost respect.

If I have an email that's going to be more than a couple of short paragraphs I go to the desktop.
I do a lot of remote desktop for work but hate trying to compress the work I normally do on three 24" monitors + three 46" wall-monitors onto the Galaxy S4.
It's bad enough running on the 23" from home.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Suggestion for a feature...

"Button" to read the device's GPS location and snap WME to center on that location.
Can be handy for editors attempting to fill in uneditable areas. I did a 180 mile loop today to cover a specific area and ended up missing one of my "targets" by 3 miles.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Okay... picked up a tablet today.
Anxiously awaiting the Android version!
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Anything happen on this in the last week or so?
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
carloslaso wrote:I just want to make something clear, some features may have broken due to the WME update, I have not taken a look at the app yet, I am catching up with things at work at the moment. I think someone would have posted about that already, had that been the case, anyone?
Looks like it is working just as well as before.
I solved the segment selection issue I was having. It was a problem with the large carbon unit :oops:

Turn restrictions on and off, access to segment information, and the address editor comes up.

Only issue so far is that after making a change to a segment, once it turns pink, I can not re-select it.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
That is awesome news!
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich