Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by bz2012
Can we get some kind of 'busy scanning' indicator, so that we know when it has finished the currently viewed area and can scan to another?
If it doesn't find anything to match the criteria, I don't know when it is finished looking.

Also, is there some way to integrate with toolbox so that we can define a shortcut key to press the 'select roads' button for us?
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Last edited by bz2012 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by bz2012
Agreed that 'a progress indicator' would be 'overkill'.
Even a 'popup' message near the top of the screen saying 'busy scanning, please wait', or something like that would be quite useful.
:)
Oh, another thing that would be useful is a way to 'export/import' the search string.
It would allow 'backing up' successful search criteria strings.
Currently I am searching
(Road Type = "Major Highway" OR Road Type = "Freeway") AND Manual Locks < 5 AND On Screen
looking for for stuff that is not locked at the right level.
But it goes away when I go to a different permalink and I need to recreate it.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
If the search string was displayed in a 'text box' where we could select/copy/paste, then we could save it and paste it for later use.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
AHhhhh. I see. You must have played some nice tricks to get that to work!
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
is it possible to search for things like
'has closure AND closure starts [on|before|after] date'
'has closure AND closure ends ....'
I can see some good uses for such conditional searches on closures.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
I think the number of days would be very useful if that makes the programming easier.

The 'has closure AND closure ends [in | before | after] x days" is one that would be very useful for updating groups of closures where the ending date is about to expire and we need to extend by adding a new time period.

In fact that inspired my question. We often have construction projects that require closure of many segments for a specific period of time. Those projects often get extended due to circumstances.
Going through and finding all the related closures and updating them is time consuming.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
:) thanks for eggsplaining. :)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
pvo11 wrote:
andylaode wrote: yes it is. ability to export to a file. so when you install the script again, you can have all your setting only by restoring it.
I will try it to do it but it takes some time.
Would that also give us the ability to take the 'test string' to a text editor so we can 'modify it' and correct an omission without needing to start over?
For example, after building a long test string, I realize I needed an 'open paren' at the beginning so I can add a 'close paren AND (another condition)'.
Currently, I have to clear and start over. :)
Of course, a way to place our cursor at any point in the test string and insert or delete terms at that point would also work.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
pvo11 wrote:My original idea was that you either want to check if some segments are there and you leave Editable only unchecked or you want to edit the selected segments then you check Editable only.

The closures are little bit different you cannot edit the segments but you can edit the closures but in this case it makes no sense to combine the closure condition as OR with some other.
What if you wanted to select segments that had either (certain restrictions OR certain closures) for some particular reason?
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
pvo11 wrote:
bz2012 wrote: What if you wanted to select segments that had either (certain restrictions OR certain closures) for some particular reason?
Do you have an example of such reason?
I can Imagine I might want to find all segments that Waze should not route drivers over during a particular period of time, so that I could extend or remove the restriction due to some change in circumstances. Perhaps a scheduled event notice were corrected and the date/times changed and some segments had closures while others had restrictions set for the same period of time, different editors having used different methods to stop traffic for the same event.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message