Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by TheLastTaterTot
pvo11 wrote: Selecting only segments (≥5m) makes no sense because the sorter segments are still visible in the editor and selectable manually.
Opposite of that ^^.

I was suggesting that it should only attempt to select the really small, stray segments on that map—i.e., any leftover, overlooked segments shorter than 5 meters.
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
R5 | RI SM | CA, MA & NY AM | Mentor

Post by TheLastTaterTot
hey Pvo, what do you think of moving the check box for "alt" up closer near the field for "Street name"? Actually, any issues with having a separate "alt" checkbox for Street name and City to the right of the input box?
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by TheLastTaterTot
Hi all,

Is there any interest in having the ability to highlight roads, rather than select? I have scripted up a highlighter integration with WME Road Selector that will allow multiple highlighted layers based on the conditional statements that you've built using pvo's interface. It is essentially the same as the highlight function in WME Validator, but with no need for writing RegEx and you can have as many highlighted layers as you want. There is also the ability to customize the highlight line (e.g., thickness, dots/dashes, color, etc).

If there is interest, then first you all must convince pvo since it heavily depends on his WME Road Selector code. :) Currently, it exists as an independent fork of v .91, but perhaps it can be made to work together like how URO+ and UR Comments does it.

Here are some sample screenshots:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/280 ... cities.png
Here I've highlighted 4 city names for cleaning up city borders. (One city name also had an alternate name of another city, which created that dark yellow overlapping highlight.)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/280 ... rtsegs.png
Highlights here have identified smaller segments shorter than 10 meters. We can take a closer look at the highlighted segments and decide whether the offset crossing road can be directly junctioned.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/280 ... es_sat.png
Concurrent names (US-44, US-1A, and US-6) are highlighted here to look for possible areas of discontinuity.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/280 ... ppress.png
Same as above, but an attempt to reduce clutter by hiding the Roads layer.
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by TheLastTaterTot
After the long delay, the highlighting script for RSel has been released! Hopefully with not too many bugs... why can't everyone use the exact same browser and OS as me?? :D

viewtopic.php?f=819&t=173107
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by TheLastTaterTot
Hey Pvo! I have another request please :) Is it possible to include another toggle/checkbox that will automatically add conditions for "either" primary or alternate names? To be specific, instead of having to click "add", then click "or", then check the box for "alt." and lastly click "add" again, the "either" checkbox will automatically add both the primary and alt conditions for the specified street/city name.
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by TheLastTaterTot
I'm now running TM 3.12.58... I'm not sure when it updated. I have not fully updated Chrome yet since I'm still running Version 48.0.2564.82 (64-bit). But I think it has actually partially performed the update on its own in the background, as it tells me that I need to restart my browser to complete it. In any case, something has certainly changed and RSel is no longer able to access unsafeWindow in Chrome without specifying an @grant. The error in the JS console indicates that the fallback to the window object in the script isn't getting called since it fails before that during the check for unsafeWindow.
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by TheLastTaterTot
@grant unsafeWindow works for me in Chrome, but not for Firefox. A temporary solution could be to remove the @grant entirely and let TM/GM guess. This method is working for me for both browsers; however, it's not certain when in the future not specifying @grant will be deprecated. :/
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by TheLastTaterTot
I've created a script to make it easier to copy segment info directly to Road Selector. Check it out: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/17087-wme-copy-menu
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by TheLastTaterTot
Hey pvo!
I know you're busy, so no rush --- I would love the option to specify a "Connected to" operation that would check whether the connected segments meet the specified selection criteria. It would work something like this:

(Road Type = Ramp AND Manual Lock > 4) AND ! Connected to (Road Type = Freeway)

^That would be an example expression I would use to find any ramp segments that are locked above 4, but are not connected freeways so they are locked too high.

Would it be possible for you to implement this?

Thanks for considering!
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by TheLastTaterTot
That's a good question and I can see how that can get complicated. I think the segment IDs under the toConnections property include any segments that share the same node and I would be happy with just that as a start. Then, whether to test only connected segments with "turns allowed" or "turns disallowed" can be added later. I vaguely recall seeing that information hidden within the segment objects too, but you would probably know more.
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message