Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by JustinS83
bz2012 wrote:Just spent close to an hour doing a 'binary search' to figure out which extension was killing ctrl-c, keeping me from using it to copy text from various windows in WME.

I see that is is a known characteristic of magic-wand. Documented in
search.php?keywords=ctrl-c&t=118064&sf=msgonly

Might I suggest that it may be a good idea to change that default takeover of shortcut keys so that the common windows 'copy' shortcut is no longer preempted by Magic-Wand when it is installed?
Perhaps alt-c or ctrl-shift-c would be less 'intrusive' !

I strongly suggest that all script writers avoid preempting the most commonly used editing keystroke shortcuts (ctrl-c,ctrl-v, ctrl-x and ctrl-s .... and perhaps some others that slip my mind at this moment.)

I see that the 'code'

Code: Select all

// Hotkeys
        registerKeyShortcut("WMEMagicWand_CloneLandmark", "Clone Landmark", cloneLandmark, {"C+c": "WMEMagicWand_CloneLandmark"});
        registerKeyShortcut("WMEMagicWand_OrthogonalizeLandmark", "Orthogonalize Landmark", Orthogonalize, {"C+x": "WMEMagicWand_OrthogonalizeLandmark"});
        registerKeyShortcut("WMEMagicWand_SimplifyLandmark", "Simplify Landmark", simplifySelectedLandmark, {"C+j": "WMEMagicWand_SimplifyLandmark"});
        registerKeyShortcut("WMEMagicWand_HighlightLandmark", "Highlight Landmarks", highlightLandmarks, {"C+k": "WMEMagicWand_HighlightLandmark"});
in the script seems to preempt ctrl-c and ctrl-x.

I do appreciate all the work that went into writing the script. I haven't had a chance to play with it, just installed it a few days ago with the intention of testing it, when time and opportunity presented itself and part of 'time' has been spent fighting and cursing the broken ctrl-c :)
You should have said something in chat, I already went through the pain to find the script that does this and kill the keybinding.

Agreed - no script should bind to ctrl-c/x/z/y
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
I made a few tweaks to this script. Hopefully the author will come back and consider implementing them :)

Fixes the label names when a Place is selected
Changing the checkbox options in the sidebar with a select Place now immediately updates the Place geometry rather than necessitating deselecting and reselecting the Place.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
wasd42 wrote:
JustinS83 wrote:I made a few tweaks to this script. Hopefully the author will come back and consider implementing them :)
Thanks for your efforts! Not sure what "Fixes the label names when a Place is selected" is though, could you please clarify?
When a Place is selected you show two checkboxes in the left panel of the place - one to enable rotation and one to enable resizing. Previously they both said "Enable Rotate". My changes, and the latest version, fix this so they are now correctly shown as "Enable Rotate" and "Enable Resize (no reshape)".

Thanks for updating :)
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
Not sure if you get a notification or anything, but I sent you a pull request.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
RichardPyne wrote:I have noticed that when I have MagicWand enabled in TamperMonkey, the geometry nodes on Area Places randomly disappear. This especially happens after moving one node, all the others disappear. Sometimes a page reload will bring them back, but most of the time I have to turn off MagicWand and then reload.
This depends on the MagicWand options you have enabled. If you have Resize enabled you are not able to change the geometry of the selected Place - it says this in the checkbox name: "Enable Resize (no reshape)"
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
wasd42 - you have a pending merge request. These changes will prepare the script for upcoming WME changes.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
wasd42 wrote:Hey everyone!

I've posted a new update, containing an interesting feature: Right angles helper. Just hold SHIFT while editing a feature to display a helper circle that will help you to draw right angles.

Please, feel free to send me your feedback and feature requests :)
What is this supposed to look like? I just get a giant orange-yellow circle and the editor slows to a crawl

https://imgur.com/QEotaOZ.png
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
wasd - you have a pending pull request which should fix the parts necessary to get the script working since the WME updates.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
Using MagicWand prevents the Save button from activating when I delete a place or map comment. Turning off this script and then performing that action works as expected.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
aureozb wrote:Hello,

i have a big problem here, the first thing that appears wen i open the wme: unable fo find appropriate control element, script is broken

what should i do ?
How funny. I just did a search for this error and didn't see anything. I then restarted my computer and still saw the error. I narrowed the error down to this script and then here is another report of the problem. :lol:

I just disabled it for now and the error goes away while it is being investigated.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message