Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by wasd42
JustinS83 wrote:Could you update the namespace in the header to point to your greasyfork?
Unfortunately, updating namespace will break automatic upgrades for all those users who has Magic Wand installed, as far as I can see.
Iridium1 wrote: - The toggling of the button (red/green) is working now, unfortunatiely I still cannot pick any color (same message).
- Whe trying to use "Human Eye" for the algorithm and clicking on the map to pick a color the browser tab freezes.
Now that's strange... What options do you use, what layers do you have enabled and in which country are you trying to use the Magic Wand? Please, try these parameters:
* Color match algorithm: Color Distance
* Tolerance: 8
* Sampling mask size: 3

In regards of "Human Eye" algo, it is very complex and slow, maybe it would be better to remove it for the best in one of the future versions.
wasd42
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by wasd42
New version posted: 2.1
- NEW: Highly experimental support of Magic Wand on custom layers via Map Overlays browser extension (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... babdkfbbia). Please, do not use layers for editing the maps unless you comply with the terms of use specific to each layer provider.
wasd42
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by wasd42
Iridium1 wrote: - Parameters used as described.
- Editing in Germany
- Tried it with the Sat Image Layer only and even with Map Overlays, still no success.
Cannot reproduce the case, everything works perfectly for me in Germany too.

I've updated the script to log some debug information to the console. Could you:
* update the script to 2.1.1,
* open the Developer Console,
* reload the Editor page,
* write "window.wme_magic_wand_debug = true",
* press Enter to set the variable,
* and try to use Magic Wand, please?

The script should log something like:

Code: Select all

WME MagicWand algorithm: LAB
WME MagicWand sensitivity: 6
WME MagicWand simplification: 3
WME MagicWand landmark type: PROFESSIONAL_AND_PUBLIC
WME MagicWand sampling mask size: 4
WME MagicWand concave hull detailing: 40
WME MagicWand: clicked pixel data [104, 101, 84, 255]
WME MagicWand: iterations done (should be way less than 1,000,000) 1167344
WME MagicWand: non-processed pixels left (should be 0) 0
WME MagicWand: pixels processed 171714
WME MagicWand: Found pixels (should be way more than 3) 5101
Can you post it here along with the link to the area you are trying to edit, please?
wasd42
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by wasd42
Hey everyone, the script has been updated to v2.1.3 that supports a current version of the editor. Rotation, resize and cloning tools work as intended again.

Also, I've changed the license to MIT and created a Github project (https://github.com/WASD42/WME-MagicWand) so that everyone could participate in the plugin development. Please, feel free to report bugs and create pull requests.
bz2012 wrote:Just spent close to an hour doing a 'binary search' to figure out which extension was killing ctrl-c, keeping me from using it to copy text from various windows in WME.
Could you please provide more details about your OS and browser as I cannot reproduce the issue on Mac/Windows Chrome/Firefox. Ctrl+C and Ctrl+X shortcuts work perfectly for me across with MagicWand installed. Do anyone else have this problem?
JustinS83 wrote:I made a few tweaks to this script. Hopefully the author will come back and consider implementing them :)
Thanks for your efforts! Not sure what "Fixes the label names when a Place is selected" is though, could you please clarify?
wasd42
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by wasd42
JustinS83 wrote:Not sure if you get a notification or anything, but I sent you a pull request.
Thanks for the pull request, works like a charm! Merged to master and re-uploaded to Greasyfork.
wasd42
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by wasd42
lg1992 wrote:Was this report noticed? Am I the only one with the problem?
Sorry, what HN mode is?
wasd42
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by wasd42
JustinS83 wrote:wasd42 - you have a pending merge request. These changes will prepare the script for upcoming WME changes.
Hey Justin, thanks for the request. Merged it into master, Grease Monkey updated accordingly.
wasd42
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by wasd42
Hey everyone!

I've posted a new update, containing an interesting feature: Right angles helper. Just hold SHIFT while editing a feature to display a helper circle that will help you to draw right angles.

Please, feel free to send me your feedback and feature requests :)
wasd42
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by wasd42
bz2012 wrote:Appreciate the update but having a wierd problem
Good day! Thanks for your report. Could you, please, record a screencast demonstrating a problem you're writing about or at least some screenshots? Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the case again...
wasd42
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by wasd42
JustinS83 wrote: What is this supposed to look like? I just get a giant orange-yellow circle and the editor slows to a crawl
LOL, apparently not like that :D

Probably, there is a conflict with other plugins. JustinS83 and bz2012, could you post a list of the enabled WME plugins, please? I'll try to reproduce the issue.
wasd42
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message