Switch to full style
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post a reply

Re: [Script] WME MagicWand

Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:43 pm

WazingArch wrote:Hello, I am using this script mainly to geometrically edit places - simplify, ortogonize and rotate places.

It seems that the rotation tool doesn't work any more. Also I noticed that when the script is enabled it disables Toolbox's feature "Select in area place or map comment".


should be because of the wme update

Re: [Script] WME MagicWand

Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:04 pm

WazingArch wrote:Hello, I am using this script mainly to geometrically edit places - simplify, ortogonize and rotate places.

It seems that the rotation tool doesn't work any more.

+1 ;)

Re: [Script] WME MagicWand

Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:26 pm

Hey everyone, the script has been updated to v2.1.3 that supports a current version of the editor. Rotation, resize and cloning tools work as intended again.

Also, I've changed the license to MIT and created a Github project (https://github.com/WASD42/WME-MagicWand) so that everyone could participate in the plugin development. Please, feel free to report bugs and create pull requests.

bz2012 wrote:Just spent close to an hour doing a 'binary search' to figure out which extension was killing ctrl-c, keeping me from using it to copy text from various windows in WME.

Could you please provide more details about your OS and browser as I cannot reproduce the issue on Mac/Windows Chrome/Firefox. Ctrl+C and Ctrl+X shortcuts work perfectly for me across with MagicWand installed. Do anyone else have this problem?

JustinS83 wrote:I made a few tweaks to this script. Hopefully the author will come back and consider implementing them :)

Thanks for your efforts! Not sure what "Fixes the label names when a Place is selected" is though, could you please clarify?

Re: [Script] WME MagicWand

Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:36 pm

wasd42 wrote:
JustinS83 wrote:I made a few tweaks to this script. Hopefully the author will come back and consider implementing them :)

Thanks for your efforts! Not sure what "Fixes the label names when a Place is selected" is though, could you please clarify?

When a Place is selected you show two checkboxes in the left panel of the place - one to enable rotation and one to enable resizing. Previously they both said "Enable Rotate". My changes, and the latest version, fix this so they are now correctly shown as "Enable Rotate" and "Enable Resize (no reshape)".

Thanks for updating :)

Re: [Script] WME MagicWand

Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:14 pm

Not sure if you get a notification or anything, but I sent you a pull request.

Re: [Script] WME MagicWand

Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:50 pm

JustinS83 wrote:Not sure if you get a notification or anything, but I sent you a pull request.

Thanks for the pull request, works like a charm! Merged to master and re-uploaded to Greasyfork.

Re: [Script] WME MagicWand

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:54 am

I've noticed a small problem caused with the MagicWand. If I enter HN mode, then exit it and select some place, Delete button on the upper toolbar is disabled. If then I select another place, the button is already enabled.

Checked in Chrome on Win 10. All other add-ons were disabled. The problem doesn't happen if the MagicWand is disabled.

Re: [Script] WME MagicWand

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:47 pm

I have noticed that when I have MagicWand enabled in TamperMonkey, the geometry nodes on Area Places randomly disappear. This especially happens after moving one node, all the others disappear. Sometimes a page reload will bring them back, but most of the time I have to turn off MagicWand and then reload.

Re: [Script] WME MagicWand

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:55 pm

RichardPyne wrote:I have noticed that when I have MagicWand enabled in TamperMonkey, the geometry nodes on Area Places randomly disappear. This especially happens after moving one node, all the others disappear. Sometimes a page reload will bring them back, but most of the time I have to turn off MagicWand and then reload.


This depends on the MagicWand options you have enabled. If you have Resize enabled you are not able to change the geometry of the selected Place - it says this in the checkbox name: "Enable Resize (no reshape)"

Re: [Script] WME MagicWand

Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:22 am

lg1992 wrote:I've noticed a small problem caused with the MagicWand. If I enter HN mode, then exit it and select some place, Delete button on the upper toolbar is disabled. If then I select another place, the button is already enabled.

Checked in Chrome on Win 10. All other add-ons were disabled. The problem doesn't happen if the MagicWand is disabled.

Was this report noticed? Am I the only one with the problem?
Post a reply