[Script] UrComments

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UrComments

Postby AquaZR1 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:41 pm

russblau wrote:
russblau wrote:On the beta editor, I can't post any comments on URs when this script is active. (All other functions seem to operate OK, but the "Send" button is inoperative. Not a problem on production editor.

Update: This bug only occurs if I select an auto-response and then hit "Send" without any intervening editing. If I erase and then retype one character in the response, I can then send it OK.

The above has made it's way in to production now with the latest WME update. Editing the text does allow the send button to work.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
Steve
AM - Central Valley, CA
AM - Kauai, HI
AquaZR1
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AquaZR1 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:48 pm

I had to disable the auto-zoom in and auto-center as it was taking me elsewhere every time. Anyone else seeing this behavior?
Steve
AM - Central Valley, CA
AM - Kauai, HI
AquaZR1
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AquaZR1 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:29 am

I remember when it was happening before. I had to turn it off again tonight so it is still affecting me.
Steve
AM - Central Valley, CA
AM - Kauai, HI
AquaZR1
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AquaZR1 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:33 am

AquaZR1 wrote:I remember when it was happening before. I had to turn it off again tonight so it is still affecting me.

After reading the other thread it may be interaction with URO+ that is causing this.
Steve
AM - Central Valley, CA
AM - Kauai, HI
AquaZR1
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AquaZR1 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:21 pm

bz2012 wrote:I have spent several hours doing a 'binary search' trying to narrow down which extension has been causing a memory leak that keeps crashing WME.

I believe it is "WME URComments (Stable) 1.7.8"
If I enable that extension in Chrome, tampermonkey, the memory usage of a WME tab will, especially if a UR is open and I am writing a comment, grow until eventually 'Aw Snap', the tab crashes.
If I have a livemap tab open at the same time, it seems to increase the probability of a crash.

Since I have 82 extensions installed, it is possible that a combination of extensions is required to trigger the problem. Turning off the above mentioned extension seems to stop the crashes.

Thank YOU for all the WAZE you help! Really appreciate the script and the time you spend writing and maintaining it.

I believe you are correct. This started happening to me yesterday on my desktop while typing in comments in a UR. I then switched to my laptop and had the same issue.
Steve
AM - Central Valley, CA
AM - Kauai, HI
AquaZR1
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: UrComments

Postby Baldugaras » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:19 pm

Very useful!
Waze Philippines Local Champ / Country Manager
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
Unggoy lang May hawak nang Saging
join Philippine Waze Users group on Facebook
Baldugaras
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: UrComments

Postby bart99gt » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:43 pm

One other suggestion, at the end of the "Errors With No Text", let's include a small sentence reminding reporters to reply via the app. I'd hate to think how many replies we've had lost to the void because someone starts typing out a reply to us as an E-MAIL reply, hits send, gets the delivery failure notification, then just gives up on the UR process entirely.

I know something like this has to be going on because I see some of the same URs pop up over and over, they're trying to reach out for a solution, but just can't figure out how to get back to us.
MAR LAM (W DC Suburbs)
MS/AR/Atlanta Metro AM
bart99gt

Postby bart99gt » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:07 pm

It would also be nice if we could get an automated response regarding temporary limits, particularly those related to road construction. They pop up faster than I can close them on some stretches of interstate.
MAR LAM (W DC Suburbs)
MS/AR/Atlanta Metro AM
bart99gt

Postby bart99gt » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:08 am

rickzabel wrote:
bart99gt wrote:It would also be nice if we could get an automated response regarding temporary limits, particularly those related to road construction. They pop up faster than I can close them on some stretches of interstate.

I am making the following change to the speed limit auto fill comment, i hope it helps

previous comment
"Speed Limit", //23
"Waze did not send us enough information to fix your request. Would you please tell us as much as possible about the speed limit? Thanks!",
"Open",

new comment
"Speed Limit", //23
"Waze did not send us enough information to fix your request. Would you please tell us as much as possible about the issue regarding the speed limit? In the future please submit requests near the point where the speed limit changes. If the speed limit change is temporary due to construction, please advise and provide additional details. If you would like to see speed limits at all times while using the app, please go to Settings > Speedometer > Show speed limit. Thanks!",
"Open",

That's in the right direction, but the current guidance is that we're not tracking temporary speed limits, unless it is a long term project. I think we almost need a separate response to where we can just comment as it being a temporary limit due to construction and close as not identified. I could just ignore them, but I think it will probably turn users off from the app if we don't reply, even if we're not going to change anything. But basically I think we need a response that allows us to clean these up quickly.
MAR LAM (W DC Suburbs)
MS/AR/Atlanta Metro AM
bart99gt

Postby beachbumli247 » Thu May 26, 2016 4:41 pm

I've noticed lately that when I send a comment using URC, a lot of times it doesn't automatically save. I have to manually save after hitting the "send" button. I do have the "autosave after solved or not identified comment" option checked off.
beachbumli247
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts