Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by sketch
james890526 wrote:On another suggestion regarding the UrComments, although the presets are all great and working and many others are asking for more options, I personally think that the URO+ is already doing this greatly and we can actually just manually tick/untick whatever options we like without needing the UrComments' presets. It's great to have automatic selection of a certain options, but I just feel that the presets is just an added feature and we can actually make do without it?
Not sure what you're getting at here. If you don't need the presets, don't use them. I find them immensely useful – before UrComments I basically never used URO filters because there was too much to deal with.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
taco909 wrote:I'd rather just deal with the scroll bar than have to do that every time I pan my screen at a tight zoom level.

I really wish there were an option to completely disable the minimap, rather than just hide it.
I've never found it useful while in WME, it just took up additional valuable screen real estate, and it messed with the default position of Livemap... particularly irritating if I had followed a PL from the forum to a different area.
Just put it in the top left when you disable it.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
RussPA wrote:
jdelosa wrote:Each UR should be reviewed and tried to be fixed.

I thank Rick for this tool, I use it in conjunction with my detective skills and fix the map.
I totally agree. Each UR should be investigated before any response is sent, as some can be fixed right off. And if not, you can often ask a specific question that may save some back and forth with the reporter. Automatically sending a canned response without even looking first is not a good editing skill, IMO.
This is absolutely, 100% correct. Indeed, and unfortunately, URC makes it easier to ignore the UR itself and send a canned response without investigation. I have seen this in my area for sure. Frustrating to come upon such a UR after the first canned response has been sent, and have to say to the editor, "Look man, you could have fixed this yesterday without even asking a question." Not faulting the tool, as this is not usually the case, but it is still something that we need to be mindful of.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
I don't always close it immediately, unless they described the problem too and it was 100% clear what it was and that it was fixed.

In your case, a canned response still doesn't really help. A canned response will surely not elicit as helpful a response as "I disabled the left turn from southbound SR-123 to Booboo Rd, is that the one that you reported? Let me know." would.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by SpeedDzel
KuniaKid wrote:Holy crap. I didn't realize how vital this is to the ease of editing. :o Joni Mitchell comes to mind, "...you don't know what you got, til it's gone..."

rickzable, you are my hero!
+1!!! could not have said it any better :mrgreen:
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
proud member of TEAM APAC! (formerly S.E.A.)

Pinoy wazers... join the Pinoy waze community on Facebook

Post by spookyx
How do we specify which is the INITIAL (first) message to be sent to an UR?

In the custom list I only see Reminder and NotIdentified...

Thanks.
spookyx
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
[blur]Click here to see my signature[/blur]

Post by SuperDave1426
The (Double Click) option seems to be gone entirely now... :)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Oh, it's been so long since I had to deal with it, I forgot it was controlled via a setting. Thanks for reminding me about that, PesachZ. :) I recently had to recover my harddrive after a major "oops," and discovered (the hard way) that my backup software had been set to exclude the "User Data" directory under the Chrome tree part of my Windows user profile. So while Chrome sync made sure that all my addons got re-installed, there was no way for it to recover settings. I've been reconfiguring all my addons (Waze and otherwise) for the last couple of days as I've run into things that weren't working "right." I didn't even notice the "Settings" sub-tab under the UrComments tab. :oops:

So, it's back and working as expected. Thanks for the nudge. :)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Good job on the quick update!

One thing I'd like to request though - could you make it a bit less "noisy" about informing me that its UR filtering is turned off because I'm using URO+ filters? :) If I'm panning around the screen and move from an area where URs weren't into an area where URs are, I get the big yellow announcement at the top of the screen again. Kinda distracting. ;)

For that matter, maybe you could add a check so that it doesn't announce it if you've already manually turned it off under UR Filters? I've got that all unchecked because I prefer the URO+ filters, so since I've turned off URC UR Filters there, it doesn't make a lot of sense to keep announcing that they've been disabled due to URO+, etc. Just a thought, anyway. :D

Thanks again for the useful tool!
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message