[Script] WME UR-MP Tracking

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, JustinS83, Glodenox

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: WME UR-MP Tracking

Postby iainhouse » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:51 am

This sounds to me like a problem that's also affecting Toolbox - specifically highlighting of segment elevations. After saving edits, you'll find that many segments are highlighted as having non-ground elevation. If you select these segments, the elevation value will be missing. It's necessary to use the refresh button in the layers menu - generally at least twice - to get the missing values to appear.

It's been said over in the Toolbox thread that this is due to recent changes in JNF. JNF is not the cause of the problem - just the opposite. It seems that JNF was forcing a data reload after saving to get around this problem, which is inherent to WME. The most recent version of JNF (which is also incorporated within Toolbox) removed this feature to see if WME was still working poorly - and it is.

Back to the true hero of this thread - UR-MP Tracker. This problem does affect the script in one way. If you comment on a UR and hit "send", this doesn't require saving. Re-targeting the UR in the UR-MP list does not update the number of comments. URO+ is similarly affected - the comment count bubble doesn't increase/appear. Until you refresh the page or use the layer reload.

However, the original problem mentioned (closed URs not showing green/being hidden by UR-MP) may still be due to the way the script works, rather than the WME bug. The data that goes into the UR-MP lists is only updated by 3 things: a manual scan, having "Auto scan" turned on or "targeting" a UR in the list. I generally manually scan the country once a week and run with auto scan turned off. So, as I get to the end of the week, more and more of the non-green URs I select in the list turn out to be solved when I target them.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Postby Twister-UK » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:11 pm

Apologies for slightly derailing the thread again...

bz2012 wrote:Sounds like there must be some 'hidden' or 'shadow' array of temporary data on the WME server, it gets updated with a 'save' but the data doesn't get transferred to the 'visible' database until the 'refresh' is done.

I don't know how difficult it would be to 'mirror' that data by maintaining a copy of saved data, and purge the 'mirror' when the refresh is done.

Perhaps the various scripts could share a single 'mirror'.

Ahh... you've pretty much got it. On a WME session load, comment data for all the visible URs gets loaded into W.model.updateRequestSessions, which seems like a convenient way for our scripts to gain access to all of this data. Wrong.

Having now run a debug session with HTTP request logging enabled, I see that each time you click on a UR, WME performs a new request for the UR comment data, and uses the data returned by that request, rather than the cached data in W.m.uRS, to populate the comment list within the UR window.

Similarly, each time you send a new comment, WME immediately posts it to the server whilst also maintaining a local copy of it within whatever data structures are used by the UR window.

However, neither the initial request for the latest comment data, nor any of the subsequent comment update posts back to the server, cause the cached data in W.m.uRS to be updated.

So whilst WME always knows what the correct comment count is for a UR at the point in time when it needs to know that information (i.e. when it's displaying the comments), this information is not available anywhere within the global WME data structures we can access ourselves. W.m.uRS therefore appears to be pretty much useless - the only time we can be certain it contains valid data is immediately following a WME session reload, and since WME itself doesn't seem to be using it then I have to wonder why it even exists...
Chris (not to be confused with Chris or Chris...)
AM SE England & Shetland Islands, UK Local Champ, WME Beta Tester & ScriptMangler
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store

[ img ][ img ][ img ]
Twister-UK
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby iainhouse » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:51 pm

Twister-UK wrote:W.m.uRS therefore appears to be pretty much useless - the only time we can be certain it contains valid data is immediately following a WME session reload, and since WME itself doesn't seem to be using it then I have to wonder why it even exists...

Ssshhh! They might hear you and remove it - then we'll really be stuffed. :lol:
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Postby dummyd2 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:20 pm

Thanks for keeping this topic alive during my AFK time :)
All answers are good!

To precise a little bit:
- no plan for places updates: not enough time for that. It is at the bottom of my todo list
- update comments: there is a bug pointed by twister-UK. I will fix it 'soon'
- as twister-UK said, some data has moved from the data structure to the GUI of WME, and it is hard for us to find the good information at the good time...
Dummyd2 AKA D2.
Retired - retraité de Waze
dummyd2
Experts
Experts

Postby dummyd2 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:10 am

v2.0.2: bugfix: update UR once you post a comment. Thank to Twister-UK.
Dummyd2 AKA D2.
dummyd2
Experts
Experts

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:41 pm

I'd love to see this tool track, for visited URs, the last date/time I visited, and be able to sort the list on that so I can go back and visit URs that I've recently updated.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby HavanaDay » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:20 pm

@Alan.

Not sure if this is the answer you want but does this not get you what you want:

Check Hide without comment for me
Make sure Hide visited isn't selected

and the sort by the last reply. The chat box looking thing in the second column (the bottom one). I know it doesn't give you the date but should show the age of the last reply.
HavanaDay
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:28 pm

HavanaDay wrote:Check Hide without comment for me
Make sure Hide visited isn't selected

and the sort by the last reply.

I will give this a try!
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:08 pm

Request: turn off the refresh of URs. The issue I have is cosmetic, but it can be confusing. I do not use auto-save because I often want to add another note before sending. If I use a "Solved" response and hit send. The UR is marked as Solved, but the refresh changes the visual display back to non-resolved because the UR hasn't been saved yet.

UPDATE: This also causes any segments you have drawn but not saved, to disappear from the map, though the save counter still shows the edit. You have to save and then continue on the roads when they reappear after the refresh.

The reload of features should not be allowed when there are unsaved changes. The Waze code should actually force that. But since it doesn't...
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby dummyd2 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:14 pm

V2.1:
  • bugfix: edits lost after sending a comment (thanks to AlanOfTheBerg)
  • Add filter: "hide last comment from an editor" (let you deal pending UR)
Dummyd2 AKA D2.
dummyd2
Experts
Experts

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts