[Script] WME UR-MP Tracking

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, JustinS83, Glodenox

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: WME UR-MP Tracking

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:50 pm

HavanaDay wrote:Check Hide without comment for me
Make sure Hide visited isn't selected

Thanks again for this. It works perfectly.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:15 pm

Problem I am seeing: when another editor adds a comment or closes a UR in my area while I am online, when I click on the URMP target icon to take me to the UR, it doesn't update the comment count, or if closed now, that the UR is closed. If I close the UR window and then click on the Closed UR manually, it seems to update that, but if I manually click on a UR with new comments, the comment count does not increase, nor does the "days since last comment."

It would be nice if these both updated even when clicking the URMP target button.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby Timbones » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:00 am

Also, it would be nice if it detected when the UR had disappeared from the map completely. Sometimes I click to visit a UR and there's nothing at all to be found at the location. I have to periodically clear all my data and recrawl my area (which isn't a bad thing, nor difficult).
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Global Wiki Moderator • Routing Expert
Extensions: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:56 pm

Timbones wrote:Also, it would be nice if it detected when the UR had disappeared from the map completely. Sometimes I click to visit a UR and there's nothing at all to be found at the location. I have to periodically clear all my data and recrawl my area (which isn't a bad thing, nor difficult).

Yes, I get this too. I think this is a UR which has been closed > 7 days. URMP won't remove it automatically. Maybe part of the "can't prove a negative" logic? :) Clearing out the data isn't a bad thing, I also agree.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby masvbr » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:13 pm

... button that clear data? with "exclude ignored" option ;)

odeslano z telefonu
LC, [L5] CM Czech Republic, WME Beta, Android + Waze Beta Client, https://www.wazer.cz
masvbr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby HuckD » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:23 pm

I must be missing something with this script. I have Auto scan checked and the only scan area I have is "editable area". When I first load my browser and WME I assume it scans my area. However, as I scroll around I see URs that were not on the UR-MP list until I scrolled by them. Even clicking to manually scan doesn't help. I would think that if it scans my editable area (AM area) it would find all URs. Am I doing something wrong?
HuckD
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:45 pm

HuckD wrote:I must be missing something with this script. I have Auto scan checked and the only scan area I have is "editable area". When I first load my browser and WME I assume it scans my area. However, as I scroll around I see URs that were not on the UR-MP list until I scrolled by them. Even clicking to manually scan doesn't help. I would think that if it scans my editable area (AM area) it would find all URs. Am I doing something wrong?

Editable area is a defined area. My editable area is the country, but URMP certainly doesn't scan the entire US when it scans. Editable area is probably much smaller.

What I think you might you want to do is define some areas under the Areas tab.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby Timbones » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:56 pm

Editable area covers some miles either side of where you have driven, and does NOT include your managed area.

It would be nice if there was a separate scan for 'Managed area(s)'. In the meantime you can add your own custom area that covers the bit you manage.

Auto Scan simply refreshes data from the URs that are visible on the map. As you move around, it finds more.

PS: here are some tips I wrote for my local community:
https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=127598
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Global Wiki Moderator • Routing Expert
Extensions: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby HuckD » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:03 pm

Thanks for the info Alan and Timbones. I obviously had some misconceptions about how it works.
HuckD
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby ditchi56 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:57 pm

Waze have updated the editor today. And UR_MP_Tracker no longer works. :cry: :cry:
Specifically, on Firefox, it doesn't even appear on the list of scripts in the left-hand panel.

I know editor upgrades are the bane of script-writers' lives, but do you have any idea how long this one is going to take to fix? Twister_UK has the URO+ script working (so far as I know), so may be able to help relocate any changed data.

Ian
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts