[Script] WME UR-MP Tracking

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME UR-MP Tracking

Postby seb-d59 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:38 am

v3.7.8: PUR scan optimization.
seb-d59
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby kjg53 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:29 am

While I absolutely love what the script does, the performance of the latest version (v3.7.8) has me looking at the code. :) I did a couple of performance tests and found that removeChildElements
was always high on the profiling reports. The only expensive call in it is removeChild so I rewrote it to minimize the calls to removeChild. I ended up replacing the old code

Code: Select all
WMEURMPT.removeChildElements = function(node) {
    if (node.id != "") {
      delete WMEURMPT.dom[node.id];
    }
    while (node.firstChild) {
      WMEURMPT.removeChildElements(node.firstChild);
      node.removeChild(node.firstChild);
    }
  };

with
    WMEURMPT.removeNodesById(node);
    }
  };
  WMEURMPT.removeNodesById = function(node) {
    if (node.id != "") {
      delete WMEURMPT.dom[node.id];
    }

var child = node.firstChild;
    while (child != null) {
      WMEURMPT.removeNodesById(child);
      child = child.nextSibling;
    }
  };

I also noticed an inconsistency in the original function which I preserved in the replacement code. When removeChildElements is called on "someParentNode" the id "someParentNode.id" is removed from WMEURMPT.dom even though "someParentNode" is not deleted from the DOM.

If that was a bug, changing the new removeChildElements to
       WMEURMPT.removeNodesById(node.firstChild);
    }
  };

will fix it.

I, personally, am only using the script to manage my MRs. I have both Auto scan and Scan PUR turned off yet my PURlist, in this evening's test, has 6905 PURs in it. That's looks like a lot of overhead for a feature that I'm not using. Hmmm....

Since I don't use PUR I've never really investigated the PUR tab. I just looked at its filters and found that, while Limit to defaulted to 100, it was not enabled. OK, I just visited the MP, MC, and PUR tabs to enable their respective limits to 10. WME is now very fast. :D

Thanks for an awesome script.
kjg53
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby manoeuvre » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:26 pm

Can we also support "Road Closure Request" filter for Map Problems?

We have CPP partners who send these Map Problems through their feed. But it's very difficult to find and manage them.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
Canadian Country Coordinator | Greater Toronto Area Manager | @Waze_Canada
manoeuvre
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby dude495 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:41 pm

Right now URMP lists "Best UR Closer" based on total number of UR's closed. Is it possible to add a line or feature to capture "Best UR Solver" to help track the total URs solved by a user instead or along with the total closed?
Dan B - New York SM - Pakistan CM
New York Partnerships Coordinator
iOS & WME ßeta Tester
Waze USA & Pakistan Mentor

[ img ]
dude495
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator

Postby westfordjoe » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:30 pm

I keep losing the Custom Area I created in UR-MP Tracking. I'm using the LON/LAT Bounding Box method. The set-up seems to work fine, and the newly created Custom Area works fine. But after refreshing the page, the new Custom Area disappears. Curiously, an older Custom Area created by an Unsaved POI Area hasn't disappeared, even after I've deleted it twice. Thanks for any ideas?
westfordjoe

Postby tenetienne » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:02 pm

westfordjoe wrote:I keep losing the Custom Area I created in UR-MP Tracking. I'm using the LON/LAT Bounding Box method. The set-up seems to work fine, and the newly created Custom Area works fine. But after refreshing the page, the new Custom Area disappears. Curiously, an older Custom Area created by an Unsaved POI Area hasn't disappeared, even after I've deleted it twice. Thanks for any ideas?

Have you tried creating a wkt file at http://map.wazedev.com/? Go to your profile page, https://www.waze.com/user/editor/westfordjoe and click on the wavy page icon next to the Message and Forum Profile icons. That will open a new window in the middle of your map. Click the link in the bottom of that window and it will take you to a new map where you can create a custom WKT file. Save that to your computer and then add it from within UR-MP.
I was also having problems with creating custom areas in UR-MP and since I've been doing this way, no problems whatsoever.
tenetienne
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby dspille » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:11 am

tenetienne wrote:
westfordjoe wrote:I keep losing the Custom Area I created in UR-MP Tracking. I'm using the LON/LAT Bounding Box method. The set-up seems to work fine, and the newly created Custom Area works fine. But after refreshing the page, the new Custom Area disappears. Curiously, an older Custom Area created by an Unsaved POI Area hasn't disappeared, even after I've deleted it twice. Thanks for any ideas?

Have you tried creating a wkt file at http://map.wazedev.com/? Go to your profile page, https://www.waze.com/user/editor/westfordjoe and click on the wavy page icon next to the Message and Forum Profile icons. That will open a new window in the middle of your map. Click the link in the bottom of that window and it will take you to a new map where you can create a custom WKT file. Save that to your computer and then add it from within UR-MP.
I was also having problems with creating custom areas in UR-MP and since I've been doing this way, no problems whatsoever.

It should be noted that you must have Waze Editor Profile Enhancements installed in order to see the icon to download your wkt file from your editor profile page. The method tenetienne describes works well, and is how I define my areas in UR-MP.

[ img ]
Thanks,
dspille
Country Manager, Multi-State Manager - South Central Region

SCR Wiki
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby RichardPyne » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:23 pm

I love the script overall and especially the custom area feature, but I would love it even more if there were a way to either get a wkt of my editable area or add the ability to AND a state/country or custom area with my editable area, rather than just managed area(s).
RichardPyne
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby ldriveskier » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:22 pm

RichardPyne wrote:I love the script overall and especially the custom area feature, but I would love it even more if there were a way to either get a wkt of my editable area or add the ability to AND a state/country or custom area with my editable area, rather than just managed area(s).

You can use the Waze Editor Profile Enhancements script to get a button to view your managed areas in WKT format. ;)
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
USA LC/CM, MAR MSM, WV SM, NE OH LAM (resident of Ohio)
ldriveskier
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby RichardPyne » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:08 am

ldriveskier wrote:
RichardPyne wrote:I love the script overall and especially the custom area feature, but I would love it even more if there were a way to either get a wkt of my editable area or add the ability to AND a state/country or custom area with my editable area, rather than just managed area(s).

You can use the Waze Editor Profile Enhancements script to get a button to view your managed areas in WKT format. ;)

Yes, but that doesn't get the EA from driving, only the assigned managed areas. A huge part of where I drive is not in one of my managed areas. Ideally, I'd like to be able to select my editable area within a state. Getting my editable area fills up the list with stuff from places I've been, but don't really edit, selecting by state gets tones of stuff that is not in my editable area.
RichardPyne
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts