[Script] WME UR-MP Tracking

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME UR-MP Tracking

Postby bz2012 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:23 am

We desperately need to be able to filter out specific types of UR.
I want to block ALL MSL reports but I don't want to invert ALL filters.
Waze just dumped thousands of old stale MSLs on us and I don't want to have to individually black list them all (would love to do them all at one time!)

I'm told that the MSL stuff may have showed up because I tried WME-beta for something. In any case, we still need a way to filter OUT specific TYPES of URs. Sometimes more than one type!
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby dspille » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:57 pm

bz2012 wrote:We desperately need to be able to filter out specific types of UR.
I want to block ALL MSL reports but I don't want to invert ALL filters.
Waze just dumped thousands of old stale MSLs on us and I don't want to have to individually black list them all (would love to do them all at one time!)

Could you not just use production WME and Clear All in UR-MP? At least for your current issue?
Thanks,
dspille
Country Manager, Multi-State Manager - South Central Region

SCR Wiki
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby juliansean » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:22 pm

I agree that filtering out certain UR's would be great without inverting. Sure, I could switch back and forth between Prod and Beta, but if this script could be modified to allow such a filter without invert, would sure save time.

Thanks for all you do with the script. Even without this request, UR's and PUR's without this script would be a headache. Instead, it's kind of fun!

Sean
Sean Julian
SM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
juliansean
State Manager
State Manager

Postby G_W1Z » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:38 pm

Does anyone else find WMEPH doesn't run properly when UR-MR is turned on? I can enter info to the fields (phone, website) and it fills them but it doesn't remove the field from the WMEPH guide.
G_W1Z
Pennsylvania LAM (USA:NOR)
Waze Etiquette | Pennsylvania Editing
A Phoenix out of the ashes...
iPhone XS | Apple Car Play
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
G_W1Z
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby tenetienne » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:20 am

G_W1Z wrote:Does anyone else find WMEPH doesn't run properly when UR-MR is turned on? I can enter info to the fields (phone, website) and it fills them but it doesn't remove the field from the WMEPH guide.

I've been running them simultaneously now for a while and haven't had a problem with WMEPH. I've used both the Google link in WMEPH to find more info regarding the place I'm looking at and also used Firefox to browse for info and copy / paste into WMEPH. The WMEPH field has always closed for me.
tenetienne
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby jm6087 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:37 am

tenetienne wrote:
G_W1Z wrote:Does anyone else find WMEPH doesn't run properly when UR-MR is turned on? I can enter info to the fields (phone, website) and it fills them but it doesn't remove the field from the WMEPH guide.

I've been running them simultaneously now for a while and haven't had a problem with WMEPH. I've used both the Google link in WMEPH to find more info regarding the place I'm looking at and also used Firefox to browse for info and copy / paste into WMEPH. The WMEPH field has always closed for me.

Same here, no issues for me.
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby G_W1Z » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:51 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe it's another script/extension that is interfering on my end.
G_W1Z
Pennsylvania LAM (USA:NOR)
Waze Etiquette | Pennsylvania Editing
A Phoenix out of the ashes...
iPhone XS | Apple Car Play
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
G_W1Z
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby mariettagecko » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:00 pm

So I have been having problems with WME running incredibly slow for a while now. I finally had time to dig through and investigate the cause, and the cause seems to be something that UR-MP tracking is doing. If I enable UR-MP tracking unmodified, WME takes 30+ seconds to load every time I change anything (zoom level, slide from one area to another, etc). If I disable UR-Mp tracking, it takes 5-10 seconds at most.

I therefore talked to some of the editors in my local area, and one of them suggested that I comment out lines 7816-7819 in the code. I did so and suddenly the script runs and WME shows no more than normal lag in loading the roads and stuff where I'm editing. Is there possibly some sort of timeout or something occurring in these lines of the code that maybe I could help gather some error data for?
mariettagecko

Postby RussPA » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:02 pm

May or may not be the cause of your issue, but UR-MP slowing down the browser was reported some time ago and some suggestions were posted here.
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ][ img ] [ img ]
Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Local Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator
RussPA
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby RussPA » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:22 pm

ajcadoo wrote:Are there plans to add additional MP filters?

For example:

Hide all but "Missing Parking Lot Place"
Hide all but "Parking Lot set as a Point"

Rather than "Hide all but", could we get "Show all but" to filter out the thousands and thousands of missing PLA MP?
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ][ img ] [ img ]
Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Local Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator
RussPA
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts