Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

WME Edit Calculator?

Post by Keagan-Z06
Morning All, is there any script or add on that differentiates between the edit and changes counter? I have read the wiki of whats the difference with a change and edit, however the counter on the WME apparently does this in the background. (For example 10 on the counter in WME may not necessarily mean 10 edits but a combo of edits and changes) Anything on this?

Thanks,

Keagan
Keagan-Z06
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:16779865

Send a message

Post by james890526
Hmm, try to think it this way, as long as one road segment has been edited/updated by you, there will be no extra points until the next 24 hours. However, try to take note of the segments or notes updated pop up every time after you save, those are the number of edits you have done. You can do the a lot of adjustment on just 1 segment but points are given once per 24 hours, but the number of edits will still be calculated. If you're thinking of getting a lot of points, you can start by expanding your editing area :D
james890526
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Best regards,
Lee Zhong Zhen
Local Champ - Malaysia

Waze Malaysia http://i.imgur.com/RVOq2tk.png https://i.imgur.com/6Rk8oL5.png https://i.imgur.com/vk73Muu.png

Post by Keagan-Z06
I was hoping there would be one. Thats ok if it isn't though. While I read the wiki on how points, edits and saves are calculated, I still don't fully understand how or what changes constitutes an edit and at what point I stop receiving points. Some days I can spend the entire day just doing basic editing of adding new roads, street names & city and occasionally a few new places and be rewarded greatly. Other days not so much. :cry:
Keagan-Z06
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by taco909
Nothing currently available.
Tracking is a big problem, in that you only get credit for each segment once every 24 hours, so even though you may produce 5 actual edits on a segment in a particular procedure, you will only get credit for one.

The only area where this really bugs me is the handling of house numbers.
I can drive 10 miles, spend 2 hours walking a neighborhood logging house numbers, spend another 2 hours inputting them, and I get no more edit or points credit than had I entered a single house number on each street.

Then there's the whole "throttling" issue which has really shown itself in edit/points accrual.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich