[Script] WME Toolbox (1.7.12)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Toolbox (1.7.12)

Postby BellHouse » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:00 pm

Current version: 1.7.12 (2017-08-16)

WME Toolbox is an extension for WME, which offers a variety of highlights and a toolbar of editing tools, aiming at making WME editing more efficient. The extension is maintained by a community dev team around doctorkb.
[ img ]
Links:
Because of the many hurdles with Mozilla Add-ons, we have moved back to publishing the Firefox add-on as an unlisted version. You therefore need to download the file wmetoolbox.xpi (link above) and then manually add it as extension in Firefox' Add-on manager (Strg-Shift-A).

BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.6.0)

Postby BellHouse » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:01 pm

After many weeks of development, I am very proud to announce the next major Toolbox update, release 1.6.0. This release includes the so called "Country Framework", which allows individual access rights settings for each Toolbox function per country.

But first the overview of updates in this release:

Code: Select all
1.6.0 (20150610)
New: "Country Framework": the access rights to all Tb functions can now be set per country (#46)
New: PM link to the editor that set up a closure on a segment (#193)
New: FP links for Dominican Republic and Iceland (#214, #220)
Fix: Redo roundabout no longer leaves an unconfirmed turn on one-way exit (#59)
Fix: Highlights switcher menu now gets a scrollbar if it is larger than the window height (#189)
Fix: Suppress unneeded junctions skips junctions with u-turns or forbidden turns (#208)
Fix: Redo roundabout now ignores the elevations of the exits when finding the max elevation of the roundabout (#215)
Fix: Convert roundabout to standard road now checks user edits rights on all involved segments prior to doing anything (#219)
Fix: Redo roundabout no longer sets the roundabout road type to minor highway as soon as any ramp is connected (#221)
Update: Updated FP links for Mexico (#217)

Each country can name a Toolbox Country Coordinator (TbCC), who has the sole authority to pass rights changes for their country to the Toolbox dev team. The sets of rights is fixed in each Toolbox release, so updates in rights settings will only become active in the next release. The current rights settings (per country) are published in a Google Doc, please check the first post for the link.

The GDoc document also contains a list of the TbCCs who have been nominated so far. The GCs are responsible for nominating TbCCs (after discussion with the country's leaders). A TbCC should have the full support of the community he stands for.

The discussions on rights changes of a country should be carried out within the country (forum, or whatever they choose), so please preserve this Toolbox thread for bug reports or other general issues.

And, last but not least, enjoy! :)
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby carloslaso » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:28 pm

Any questions regarding settings for México can be asked here, do not spam this thread with settings from México.
carloslaso
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby NZSteve » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:21 pm

Hmm my toolbox has despaired.. when signing it it says its being configured but then it is no where to be found?
NZSteve
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby n4dog » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:22 pm

I lost - Suppress unneeded junctions on screen [Available for Area Managers, Country Managers and Rank 5 editors] I am an Area Manager??
Last edited by n4dog on Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
n4dog
State Manager
State Manager

Postby resmota » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:22 pm

Tks for your efforts guys.

Are you talking with someone here in Brazil about our country settings?
resmota
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby GiorgioLontano » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:26 pm

Hello, Guatemalan here 0/

Is it normal that I cannot see Toolbox at all? The Chrome extension is enabled, and I get the text above the screen when I load WME saying that the plugin is being initialized, and then "Country changed to Guatemala", but the Toolbox button at the toolbar is gone, as is the tab on the left pane. I cannot access any features anymore. :cry:
GiorgioLontano

Postby karlcr9911 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:48 pm

The US 'Fancy Permalink' does not work. It gives a message stating, send you the below info, along with this number: 235 and the US closures forum link.

Here you go: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=622
karlcr9911
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby SuperDave1426 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:56 pm

The "simplify segment" tool seems to be gone now. Can you please put it back? :)

Also, another question: You say that the Toolbox is no configurable by country. How is it deciding on what country to configure under? If you're going by GeoIP data, please don't. That's not always reliable for various reasons. In my particular case, as an example (and I'm sure I'm not the only one here in this particular situation), I use a VPS service for privacy reasons. Often, I can end up on an "out" node that's in a country other than the U.S. I'm hoping that it's deciding how to configure based on what part of the map that is being edited, but I figured I'd better check to make sure it's not something else.... ;)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby PesachZ » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:18 pm

SuperDave1426 wrote:The "simplify segment" tool seems to be gone now. Can you please put it back? :)

This is configurable per country and BellHouse asked not to have these discussion in this thread. Please move this request to the US forum. The US will need to designate a TbCC and only that person will be allowed to pass these requests to the TB team.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Next

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts