Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by BellHouse
Olestas wrote:Any news on google street view date?
viewtopic.php?f=819&t=140718
We already have some code in place which retrieves the date, but we didn't get to putting it into a nice <div> in WME yet. Will come "soon" 8-).
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
Some answers to questions above:
SuperDave1426 wrote:So, you're saying that discussion for features related to a WME addon is no longer to take place in one nice central thread about that actual addon, but instead is going to be splintered into many topics over many forums so that the thread about the addon gets discussed in lots of different places?

Seems a bit inefficient, if you ask me.... :?
I you consider how many countries there are in the world, if all discuss their rights issues in the same thread, this will grow by many pages a day. I don't think anyone wants to read all this.
SuperDave1426 wrote: Ancillary question: If there isn't already a Toobox Country Coordinator (which is what I'm assuming TbCC stands for), why is something like this already in place before there's actually anybody who can "coordinate" such things? And how exactly is such a person going to be decided upon?
The request to name TbCCs was addressed to the GCs 2 weeks before the release of Tb 1.6.0. Some countries have reacted, others not.
Fredo-p wrote:Also, as SuperDave mentioned, can we keep the scripts convo to the scripts thread? I think it would be easier to use country code in the beginning. Like this:

[Script] WME Toolbox (1.6.0) USA
[Script] WME Toolbox (1.6.0) MX or MEXICO
[Script] WME Toolbox (1.6.0) UK
[Script] WME Toolbox (1.6.0) CANADA
I think that's a really good idea. But, I think these threads should be in a separate forum within the Scripts forum (to easier find them). I'll challenge the forum admins on that one.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
The quickfix release 1.6.1 is out:

Code: Select all

1.6.1 (20150611)
Fix: Removed bug in user rights calculation, which lead to missing tools for some users
Update: Updated rights for Latvia and UK
This should hopefully smoothen the inconsistencies in the availability of tools some of you experienced in release 1.6.0.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
Argh, sorry, my mistake. I left a critical bug in the code. I hope this is fixed with 1.6.2:

Code: Select all

1.6.2 (20150611)
Fix: Removed critical bug which prevented toolbar from showing
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
OK, I now need to leave further investigations for tomorrow. Sorry for any inconvenience, but I'm sure we'll find a solution. Soon! :)
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
FF users, please try to freshly install the addon now. So please remove it completely, and re-install it from the link in the first post. Somehow, the update seems to have gotten stuck, so the 1.6.1 version was still live (but which called itself 1.6.2). Now I've re-uploaded the "real" 1.6.2.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
Without having further details, I can only guess this is either some temporary hickup, or your cache is somehow messed up. Have you tried clearing all browser caches?

Which browser are we talking about?
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
Does the console (F12) show any errors?
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
We suspect this might be a timing issue, where WME in some places does not immediately deliver the country ID for the new country-dependant rights system. We are testing methods to deal with this fact in the code.

So do not despair, help is underway! :)
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
ispyisail wrote:I've complained about "saving issues" in other threads. Other people in the world don't seam to have this problem. I wonder if it is connected to this problem?
I think that's unlikely, as these "saving issues" were present before Tb got the Country Framework (since 1.6.0), and the present problems in Tb are clearly linked to the Country Framework.

But I heard from users that their saving issues are gone since Tb 1.6.x, but I haven't understood what is/was causing this issue.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message