Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by extinctrex
Thank you so much for fixing this script. When I first started editing, this was the best tool to helping me learn what needs to be fixed on the map.
extinctrex
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Falcon4Tech
Sebiseba wrote:Please wait, team is working on it.
I suggest when you make a correction, add to the topic name something that indicates that the add-on is adapted to the new editor (eg [WME2])
Falcon4Tech
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by farouqnlc
The settings menu icon has disappeared. It's visible during loading, but then suddenly it's gone. I tried also with all other scripts disabled, but same outcome.

I also tried to switch the extension off and on again, and also in an incognito browser window. All to no avail.

I'm using Chrome (Version 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)) on a W10 machine
farouqnlc
Send a message

Post by fer_pei
Tollbox doesn't load on Firefox 57.0b6 (64 bit). Any ideas ?
Now i use Chrome because this problem.
fer_pei
Send a message

Post by Firree
Maybe they are trying to raise awareness of this feature. I've seen 2+ editors find out about it today for the first time. :D
Firree
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by FokusPokus
[feature request]
I've been searching for different scripts or solutions to fix odd three-way and four-way intersection angles described in the https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Junction_Sty ... ersections article and haven't found anything so far.
Maybe this could be a good feature for the WME toolbox rather than for a separate script ?

Main function - adding additional geometry node and making angle to be 90 degrees. All other implementation aspects are open.
Potentially, making it kind of "auto fix area" could lead to undesired modifications in some places. Thus, (at least to me) it would be better to have a button for fixing selected junction.
FokusPokus
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Country Coordinator: Lithuania
Country Manager: Lithuania, Poland

Post by FokusPokus
taco909 wrote:We discussed that a while back and the problem is the script lacks the intelligence to make a good decision on how to set the angles.
Example, in some cases you may have four segments, and you want to maintain a turn instruction on two legs, but a turn and keep on the opposite side.
The script would potentially split the angles in such a way that all 4 corners produce "turn".

IMHO, a script that could automatically create or adjust doglegs on anything more than one specific segment has the potential to be as damaging than one that removes them.
Hi,
yes I would agree with you regarding the intelligence of the script itself. But we sit in front of our monitors and we can make decisions where to apply the script. Map can be protected from damaging by making this function available to senior editors (LV4, CM, etc.) by default. The editor must identify the intersection, select a base segment and only then the function should become active. That would save a lot of time.

P.S. Could you possibly point me to the discussion you mentioned ?
FokusPokus
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Country Coordinator: Lithuania
Country Manager: Lithuania, Poland

Post by FourLoop
abc1357 wrote:Using Chrome 81.0.4044.138 on a Mac. Upgraded to TB 1.8.20 and only running TB - no other extensions. The dropdown menu shows up until all the top of screen messages e.g. "WME Toolbox: No private messages..." ending with "WME Toolbox: Country changed to United States" finishes scrolling, then the dropdown menu toolbox in the menu bar disappears. When the toolbox disappears, the following appears in the Console.
Still not working for me as well. Same Chrome version, Mac, verified Toolbox was updated to 1.8.20, both in WME and in the Chrome Web Store.
FourLoop
Send a message
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” - Henry Ford
https://s.waze.tools/beta.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/c4.pnghttps://www.totalpc.com/waze/Waze_AL_FL ... _flags.png
Managed Area: Missouri / Southeast Florida
RTC Area: Florida
Wiki Page

Post by foxitrot
shmupi wrote:
Mikk36 wrote:For some reason Toolbox is now graying out the turn arrows for me.
Sometimes it happens to me as well.
Toolbox' Config panel contains a "Force arrows to be selectable after loading" checkbox.
Take a look at, which state is suitable for you. (I prefer grayed-out.)
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by Fredo-p
I think TbCC's should have been assigned before the rollout of 1.6.0. Also, as SuperDave mentioned, can we keep the scripts convo to the scripts thread? I think it would be easier to use country code in the beginning. Like this:

[Script] WME Toolbox (1.6.0) USA
[Script] WME Toolbox (1.6.0) MX or MEXICO
[Script] WME Toolbox (1.6.0) UK
[Script] WME Toolbox (1.6.0) CANADA
Fredo-p
Send a message

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+