Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by shmupi
shmupi wrote:
Bigbear3764 wrote:Do we still need JNF installed separately, or is it part of Toolbox?

When I hit Q I'm not getting u-turns enabled on dead end segments.
All U-turns became invisible in WME and are allowed by default quite a long time ago.

Shmupi
Indeed...all U-turns at dead ends only..became invisible and are allowed by default 8-)

Thanks turbomkt
shmupi
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by shmupi
Mikk36 wrote:For some reason Toolbox is now graying out the turn arrows for me.
Sometimes it happens to me as well.

Shmupi
shmupi
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by shmupi
foxitrot wrote:
shmupi wrote:
Mikk36 wrote:For some reason Toolbox is now graying out the turn arrows for me.
Toolbox' Config panel contains a "Force arrows to be selectable after loading" checkbox.
Take a look at, which state is suitable for you. (I prefer grayed-out.)
Didn't helped.

:(

Shmupi
shmupi
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by shmupi
markr4468 wrote:
foxitrot wrote:
shmupi wrote:
Mikk36 wrote:
For some reason Toolbox is now graying out the turn arrows for me.

Toolbox' Config panel contains a "Force arrows to be selectable after loading" checkbox.
Take a look at, which state is suitable for you. (I prefer grayed-out.)

Didn't helped.

:(

Shmupi
Try pressing the letter "A": on the keyboard. That corrected the issue for me.
Awesome. Worked.

Thanks !
shmupi
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by shmupi
BellHouse wrote:I would like announce that I will no longer be publishing Toolbox updates, as I have rearranged my priorities on how to distribute my time between my job, Waze and Real Life (the point is that RL is now getting higher priority). ;) Time will tell who within the Toolbox dev team will pick up the publishing role, doctorkb/Kris will fill the gap in the meantime.
Thank you Bellhouse and good luck
Shmupi

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
shmupi
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by SiewMeng98
"Fix: Suppress unneeded junctions skips junctions with u-turns or forbidden turns (#208)"

I would just like to highlight to the Developers as well as users that there are instances that the "U-Turn Junctions" are still being suppressed.

Editors should exercise care when suppressing segments as there are still instances where junctions with U-Turns get suppressed.

Just wanted to bring this to light, to keep the developers informed.
SiewMeng98
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Wong Siew Meng
Ex-Area Manager | Kuala Lumpur, Johor Area & Singapore

https://s.waze.tools/beta.pnghttps://tinyurl.com/mkae5noimages/ranks/Mentor_Badge_63px.pngimages/ranks/BetaTester_Badge.png

Using IPhone 6+ on IOS 13.4.1
Waze in Malaysia ; Waze Singapore

Post by SiewMeng98
PesachZ wrote:Do you have any examples with permalinks? This will help the devs fix it
I am hereby enclosing an example with the following Permalink in which when we suppress, the U-Turn gets suppressed and breaks here.

The first example is located along Woodlands Road, Singapore.

A second example is located along Upper Thomson Road, Singapore in which it gets suppressed and breaks here.

Developers - Please try supressing them twice.
SiewMeng98
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Last edited by SiewMeng98 on Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wong Siew Meng
Ex-Area Manager | Kuala Lumpur, Johor Area & Singapore

https://s.waze.tools/beta.pnghttps://tinyurl.com/mkae5noimages/ranks/Mentor_Badge_63px.pngimages/ranks/BetaTester_Badge.png

Using IPhone 6+ on IOS 13.4.1
Waze in Malaysia ; Waze Singapore

Post by sikemever
Just received a message from TB instructing me to "Report this error using Cut and Paste". Here is the error.

Error 600

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.
sikemever
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by sikemever
I recently ran into a situation where a user requested a Gas Station be removed from the map because the place had closed. However I could find no such place as described by the reporter. Upon going to LiveMap, the gas station in fact was in the live map. The easy explanation is another editor deleted the AP and we had not had a tile update since. It would be nice if ToolBox had an option to turn on "recently deleted places" so I could see if it was removed since the last tile update and who the editor was that removed it. Similar to how you can go backwards in time for roads, it would be great to be able to do it with places.
sikemever
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by sketch
bart99gt wrote:It isn't a permissions issue, it is the functionality of the tool.

Previously, it would clean up superfluous junction nodes regardless if there were restricted turns or not. Now it will only delete those if all turns are allowed, which makes the tool relatively worthless. It was great for cleaning up a bunch of junction nodes after setting a direction of a street, which would have a bunch of nodes with their turns set every which way. Now you have to manually delete them one by one, which is very inefficient when dealing with unedited map.
Some of those nodes might be there on purpose, especially where U turns are enabled. On [url=https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=83661333]a street like this[/i], divided in fact but not in Waze, the U turns are necessary for proper routing out, or else people leaving places on this street in one direction or the other might be brought on unnecessarily circuitous routes, wasting time, fuel, and patience.

The same may be true of regular restrictions in a few cases – places where you might have a "do not enter" onto a two-way street, for whatever reason. Not as common, but they certainly exist.

Both situations have this in common: they are easy to understand when you are working at the node-by-node level, and they'll be completely missed using a "remove extraneous nodes" function at wide zoom.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!