Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by sketch
I lose my "b" shortcut for show/hide Toolbox highlights seemingly every time I reload the editor.

FWIW, 'copy segment attributes' is working for me. Occasionally I will need to deselect and reselect a segment before using 'remove segment geometry' (whatever it's called), so that may be the same issue you're having, bz.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
bz2012 wrote:Currently toolbox provides an icon to copy lat/long coordinates in the format
29.95355 N 90.20001 W
Could we get an option to configure the 'copy coordinates' icon so that it can format them as
Thanks for a very handy box of tools.
This is not necessary, you can already copy in this format from the coordinate display that is native to WME. Toolbox leaves that alone, so we already have both options when Toolbox is active.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
turbomkt wrote:Is it possible to get a PL with the localization (en-US)?
Why is this needed?

First, I am currently getting /en-US/ included in my URLs from Toolbox anyway.

Second, if you open a PL without the /en-US/ bit, and you've been using en-US language, it will auto-reload into en-US.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
iainhouse wrote:A possible cause for "no segment selected": did you have a junction node selected and then you additionally select segments?

I find this is very easy to do if you use CTRL+SHIFT+mouse drag to select multiple segments. If you have a junction node selected and then select multiple segments like this, the junction node will remain selected. This then causes Toolbox to act as if only the junction node is selected.
I get the problem all the time without a node selected.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
I had some FP permalinks yesterday dropping the venue element, will the fix fix that too?
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
BellHouse wrote:
sketch wrote:I had some FP permalinks yesterday dropping the venue element, will the fix fix that too?
No.

I have no issue with PLs of venues, can you supply a permalink? :D (w/o Tb running of course)
Not sure, it is an intermittent issue, sometimes it would work, sometimes it would not... But here is a non-Toolbox PL with a venue selected, if that helps. https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor/?env= ... 34.2191692
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
G_W1Z wrote: Me too. I don't want to assume it will be fixed, though.
The current version of Chromium (which is basically Chrome from the future) already fixes it, so I've heard, so I think it's fair to think that it will resolve itself.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Chromium is the open-source browser where Google tests ideas and gets ideas from, something like that. Things from Chromium go into Chrome Canary, beta, and stable. So I'm learning :lol:

What I said is based on hearsay, so I don't really know.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
It is my opinion that the Toolbox 'simplifiable segments' highlight is too liberal with what it suggests can be simplified, anyway.

Segment geometry is not a big deal. "Extra" geometry handles do not take up an appreciable amount of "database space" in a database that includes and encourages full-resolution photos for venues. This is old thinking.

If the segment lines up with the aerial, it's fine.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
The ability to set keyboard shortcuts is native to WME. Press Shift-? to bring up the keyboard shortcuts panel if you don't see the link in the bottom left.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message