Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by skubko
This is not a question of experienced or not-experienced editor. I know what revcons are, I fix them whenever I find them. And yes, I know they are not causing routing problems anymore. When I have this option in toolbox, I fix them all the time, also when I am the one who creates them by changing the direction of the street. If this option does not come back to the toolbox, and knowing they do not make any routing problems, I will not bother about them anymore, so from time to time, I will for sure create some myself. And not because I would not know about them, but because I simply would not care about them...
So, in my opionion, there are just 2 correct ways how to proceed - put the check back (does not matter they do not cause routing issues) or remove this check for everyone completely.
skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by skubko
jdelosa wrote:I just had one of my editors tell me he as reverted to the older version so he could see the revcons.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I am glad my version did not update automatically and knowing this about revcons, I am not going to update it any time soon...
skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by skubko
Two more issues with current WME:

- "Select entire street" does not work with this script
- I am not able to select another segment if some other segment is already selected. The first must be deselected first.

Without WME Toolbox, both work correctly.
skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by skubko
iainhouse wrote:
BellHouse wrote:Toolbox 1.8.7 is released for Chrome and Firefox:

Code: Select all

Fix: Dragging toolbar and arrow dashboard controls was buggy (#449)
Whilst dragging is fixed, resizing on the dialogue boxes (Segments, Places, Properties) is not. Any attempt to resize them causes them to shrink. As before, the workaround is to move them over the sidebar.
Well, I am on Chrome and dragging toolbar is causing more issues now than it was in previous version. There I just needed to "double click" on the toolbar to drag it. Now, it is one click, but, toolbar starts dragging for me whenever it wants :(... For example I click on simplify geometry and I am moving toolbar instead of adjusting geometry... This happened several times and is bothering me much more than the previous version :)
skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by skubko
BellHouse wrote:
lg1992 wrote:When I click "Select places", the shown table includes not only places visible on the screen (and probably closely beyond the screen), but also some very far places. For example, I open the table here, and the table always includes the place 80 km away.
The place list lists all place objects that are loaded in WME. This used to be only the places which are visible on the map. Since some months already, the places which are being referred to in the feed are also loaded into the object model, that's why some distant places are showing up.

We'll see what we can do to sort those out.
For me it happened in the past that this included place from completely different country thousands of kilometers away :)...
skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by skubko
Since Tuesday when Waze updated WME I am having some issues all the time - slowly loading everything, lagging etc. I tried to disable all scripts and so far it seems the issues come from WME Toolbox. I am running on Firefox, version 1.8.7. Does anyone have the same issues?
skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by skubko
One question... this is considered by WME Toolbox as loop. Yes, it is a loop, but this kind of loop does not present issue for routing alghoritm, because it is handled by red arrows, so the alghoritm has always only one option how to get from one node to another. What do you think? Would it be possible to exclude these cases from WME toolbox detection and not to mark them as loops?
skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by skubko
turbomkt wrote:Not the right place for it, but you can get the prompts you are trying to get without using an extra segment. Example.
It is not always possible to use sound override for that... Imagine you would try it here. You cannot because there are also streets coming to those nodes that would require turn left sound prompt...
skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by skubko
For me, toolbox also started to behave strangely lately. E.g. button Autofix revcons works only if there are no revcons :)... Then I get message, no revcons are found... But when there are revcons, I do not get any message and it does not fix anything... Unneeded geometry and unconfirmed turns also works only sporadically...

EDIT: Once WME Magic was updated for me (to version 1.0.151.p.201902271459), WME Toolbox started behaving correctly again :)...
skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message