Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by qwaletee
benandjerry wrote:Oops :oops:

Thought you just meant the color highlights that Toolbox uses for Lock levels etc.
That's why I clarified his thought for you. No need to be embarassed, it wasn't entirely clear.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
Glodenox wrote:
BellHouse wrote:Before we discuss any further on the details: are you 100% sure that you are creating overlays only of maps where it's explicitly allowed to freely copy content to commercial maps (as the Waze map)? If not, then this would be a no-go.
Yes. The currently supported maps in that script are all explicitly stated to be open data, free to be used for commercial purposes as well. There's no need to worry about that.
Sorry to be late to this party.

A year or two ago, Waze asked that nobody use any non-Waze data to assist WME edits except:

1) The included tools (WME sat imagery, WME Street View)

2) Your own knowledge, gained from first-hand experience

I believe government-owned data that has been freely published was also allowed. OpenStreetMap, while open source, was specifically considered a problem, and so too would be other such sources.

If you wish to use any outside sources, you need to run this through your country coorindator to get approval from Waze staff.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
Open Source is copyrighted, with a liberal use license.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
I understand that the navigation panel hide function had to be temporarily removed. But rather than having it mysteriously disappear, I recommend that removed features retain their UI element, and when the user clicks them, it can pop up a "sorry - temporarily disabled due to changes in WME" message (or permanently disabled, or whatever), and give the user options to:

1) turns off the feature temporarily but will redisplay once the tool is reinstated
2) turns the feature off permanently
3) leaves the feature visible
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by RadGom
Hi!

I'm RadGom, Country Coordinator for Dominican Republic, me and the other 3 Local Champs decided to name RafaCintron as our local TbCC.

Is there something else we need to do?

Greetings!
RadGom
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message