Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by taco909
FokusPokus wrote:P.S. Could you possibly point me to the discussion you mentioned ?
It was possibly a year ago.
I had brought it up as a suggestion, you might be able to find it if you search my posts. It MAY have even been in this thread, as like you, I felt that it would be a natural for Toolbox.

The main point is and was in the earlier discussion, it really doesn't matter.
The only angles that are important are near 180 (U-Turns), 45 (Turn/Stay-Exit), and the sum of the entry/exit angles on the median of a divided road (U-Turn)

We all tend to be a little OCD, it's one reason that we do this. But just as when sometimes a segment causes incorrect routing when it perfectly matches the aerial imagery and works well when moved closer to the sidewalk, sometimes we need to set aside our desire for something to be "perfect".
The app does not currently display aerial imagery (it will likely never due to data usage) and the vehicle "snaps" to the nearest segment.
The difference in angles between 80 and 110 degrees will not be apparent in the app... you can't even see the empty median on a divided road until there is more than 15m between them.
Smoothing routines in the app round off our sharp turns.

In your example, the junction needs to be looked at closely before application of a script... it's not a major chore to manually make the adjustment if needed, but whether 90 degrees or not, anything over 46 is going to produce a "turn" instruction.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Twister-UK wrote:Sometimes I wonder why we continue to bother donating so much time, energy and talent into turning WME into a tool suitable for anything beyond casual editing, when Waze themselves seem so disinterested in either doing the work themselves or at least not making it a complete ballache for those of us who are willing to do the work for them. Considering how much value they get out of our work, you might think they'd be slightly more prepared to accept that third party scripts are, whether they want to admit it or not, an essential part of editing for anyone beyond the newest of editors, and work with us even just the tiniest bit.
Agreed.

It really does get frustrating. Like the map recentering on URs (and initially not properly centering), color changes (without releasing the same color scheme for the app, which is what we are using when we discover many FC issues), etc....
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
JButz2 wrote:I didn't see this posted anywhere, but a few of the tools in the WME toolbar no longer work for me after the latest update (Cut Segment, Clear Road Geometry, Copy Segment Attributes, Properties Editor, ...). Using Firefox as editor and am a L4 editor in USA. Thanks.
Quick note that there seems to be a change in how most non-routable segments are handled internally.
I can not junction a new segment to, nor cut, a Pedestrian Boardwalk, Railroad, Stairway, or Walking Trail. I get a save error.

If I change the segment type to street, make the changes, save, then change the segment type back, the changes save successfully. The turn restrictions still do not show up in WME.

I can junction to or cut a runway, but the junction does not display the turn direction arrows.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
t0cableguy wrote:Turn restrictions for non drivables have been disabled for at least 2 months now. The junction node bug is known, and you have figured out the workaround.
Shows how often I work with non-driveables ;)

I've got an area near an airport that an FAA employee feels the need to pave from the tower to the FAA office (creating issues for passengers needing to go to the other side of the airport).
Not able to contact them in the forum, I gave up on deleting the paving and just converted it to a PB so they'll see it.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Not going to happen and please do not do this.
Due to copyright issues, we are expressly prohibited from using 3rd party maps and data sources other than those provided within WME.

The entire country of Chile was reverted back to basemap because it was discovered that SOME data from OpenStreets had been copied into the Waze map.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Arnoniem wrote:you're OFF TOPIC again. :(
????? What the hell are you talking about?
If you have a problem with me take it to PM
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Fredo-p wrote:I'm lost. How was that an off topic reply?
And the "again" comment?
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Those tools are working here, except for Copy Segment Properties, but I think that's L5+
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Save the .xpi to your local hard drive, then open it with FF.
One of your security settings is preventing it from running from a remote server.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
johnsninja58 wrote:Feature Request

Can you add a link to PM editors from the Place Update Request window? I have been using the PUR in helping identify new editors and it be nice to save a click. :D
Keep in mind that most PUR are going to be from users rather than editors, and they would be unlikely to have forum accounts.
Hopefully, if it's a matter of a PUR generated by an actual editor from WME, they would request an unlock.

It is a good idea, but expect a fair number of invalid users.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich