[Script] WME Toolbox (1.8.17)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.8.15)

Postby LennyNRPD » Fri May 17, 2019 3:05 pm

RussPA wrote:
LennyNRPD wrote:Bellhouse question for ya. It's been a long while since the lock levels have been displayed in WME when check marking them to active. Is there some sort of trick to getting these to display? I have current version and using Chrome.

Click the padlock button down in the toolbox toolbar:
Untitled.png

AHH thanks Russ that did it! :)
LennyNRPD
State Manager
State Manager

Postby ditchi56 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:24 am

Toolbox not appearing at all on current WME Beta :(

Not too worried about the Beta itself, but presumably whatever new Beta feature is messing it up may appear in main WME.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby dspille » Sat May 18, 2019 4:04 pm

ditchi56 wrote:Toolbox not appearing at all on current WME Beta :(

I'm seeing this as well. No Toolbox in current WME Beta.
Thanks,
dspille
Country Manager, Multi-State Manager - South Central Region

SCR Wiki
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby IMDashti » Wed May 22, 2019 8:33 am

Some editor is contacting me regarding a loop issue at this location:

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... ,365705605

I explained to him that this is not a loop because return arrows on both sides are disabled. However, he is relying on WME Toolbox's suggestion. In your opinion, is Toolbox right about this being a loop? Or, am I right in that it is not a loop?
IMDashti
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby vince1612 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:59 am

That is a 2-segments loop, loops should never be less than 3 segments (minimum). Red/green arrows or the segments' directions don't matter. The editor who contacted you is right.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby IMDashti » Wed May 22, 2019 10:03 am

vince1612 wrote:That is a 2-segments loop, loops should never be less than 3 segments (minimum). Red/green arrows or the segments' directions don't matter. The editor who contacted you is right.

Yes, I know that this is a 2-segment loop. However, this loop does not confuse Waze. Please read this paragraph about two-segment loops:

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Loop#Two-segment_loops

Don't stop at the problem's description, but also read why this is a problem (from the sentence saying: "They can cause a problem for the Waze app because..."). Ask yourself: Does this apply for the case I gave?

My personal judgement: No, it does not apply. Waze will not be confused about which way to go. Since the cause does not apply, there's no need for an extra node.
IMDashti
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby jm6087 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:25 am

IMDashti wrote:
vince1612 wrote:That is a 2-segments loop, loops should never be less than 3 segments (minimum). Red/green arrows or the segments' directions don't matter. The editor who contacted you is right.

Yes, I know that this is a 2-segment loop. However, this loop does not confuse Waze. Please read this paragraph about two-segment loops:

Don't stop at the problem's description, but also read why this is a problem (from the sentence saying: "They can cause a problem for the Waze app because..."). Ask yourself: Does this apply for the case I gave?

My personal judgement: No, it does not apply. Waze will not be confused about which way to go. Since the cause does not apply, there's no need for an extra node.

I don't see a need to change toolbox settings based on the possibility that Waze "may" not be confused in a small subset of mapping. It is easy enough to add the extra junction. Also, Toolbox is providing guidance. You can choose to ignore any suggestions it gives and take a chance that the app will not fail for the driver.

IMHO, better safe than sorry, minimum 3 segment loops in all cases.
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby turbomkt » Wed May 22, 2019 10:53 am

IMDashti wrote:

Here's why Waze can get confused - regardless of whether turn restrictions are set or they are one way segments, Waze can choose either segment to route across if it's a two segment loop. I have seen this first hand and will never leave a two segment loop - Waze routed the wrong way on a one way segment.
turbomkt
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby jm6087 » Wed May 22, 2019 11:00 am

In addition to my previous point, we have to remember that Waze goes from node to node, not segments. Using your example:

You have the WB segment (ID 365705604) with Node A 287525221 and Node B 287452950
You have the EB segment (ID 365705605) with Node A 287452950 and Node B 287525221

Since Waze goes node to node, If I have heading WB and I reach Node 287525221 and the app is trying to get me to Node 287452950, how does it know which segment to take? It is my understanding that it is not actually looking at which direction a one-way segment is going, it only knows that you can go from Node 287525221 to Node 287452950. It is possible that it will take you down the wrong one-way segment to complete your trip.
In reality, by having the 2 segment loop with one-way segments, you are creating 2 two-way segments by mistake.
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby vince1612 » Wed May 22, 2019 1:17 pm

turbomkt wrote:regardless of whether turn restrictions are set or they are one way segments, Waze can choose either segment to route across if it's a two segment loop. I have seen this first hand and will never leave a two segment loop - Waze routed the wrong way on a one way segment.

I've also seen it happen and Toolbox should definitely keep highlighting this editing mistake.

IMDashti wrote:Please read this paragraph about two-segment loops:

I'm more than familiar with it, thus why I gave you my first response. It also says that "every loop must be made up of three or more segments" and to "correct two-segment loops".

I assumed you didn't know about that for asking and would have shared it with you in case you had more doubts. However if you already knew about it and choose to ignore it, that's a PEBCAK and there's nothing we can do.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts