[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.6.14)

Postby taco909 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:53 pm

t0cableguy wrote:Turn restrictions for non drivables have been disabled for at least 2 months now. The junction node bug is known, and you have figured out the workaround.

Shows how often I work with non-driveables ;)

I've got an area near an airport that an FAA employee feels the need to pave from the tower to the FAA office (creating issues for passengers needing to go to the other side of the airport).
Not able to contact them in the forum, I gave up on deleting the paving and just converted it to a PB so they'll see it.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:43 am

Not going to happen and please do not do this.
Due to copyright issues, we are expressly prohibited from using 3rd party maps and data sources other than those provided within WME.

The entire country of Chile was reverted back to basemap because it was discovered that SOME data from OpenStreets had been copied into the Waze map.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:13 am

Arnoniem wrote:you're OFF TOPIC again. :(

????? What the hell are you talking about?
If you have a problem with me take it to PM
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:32 am

Fredo-p wrote:I'm lost. How was that an off topic reply?

And the "again" comment?
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.6.17)

Postby taco909 » Sun May 29, 2016 7:07 am

Those tools are working here, except for Copy Segment Properties, but I think that's L5+
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.6.17)

Postby taco909 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:30 am

Save the .xpi to your local hard drive, then open it with FF.
One of your security settings is preventing it from running from a remote server.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.6.18)

Postby taco909 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:36 pm

johnsninja58 wrote:Feature Request

Can you add a link to PM editors from the Place Update Request window? I have been using the PUR in helping identify new editors and it be nice to save a click. :D

Keep in mind that most PUR are going to be from users rather than editors, and they would be unlikely to have forum accounts.
Hopefully, if it's a matter of a PUR generated by an actual editor from WME, they would request an unlock.

It is a good idea, but expect a fair number of invalid users.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.6.19)

Postby taco909 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:01 pm

tonytx05 wrote:
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:I've been working in rural areas and merging unnecessarily segmented runs of roads. Every time I "bridge" the segments together, the elevation is bumped up one position. Then have to re-select road, click elevation dropdown, select "Ground", save.... would love a one-click elevation reset tool.

Why don't you just delete the unnecessary node instead of using the bridge tool?

This does not always work.
Same with the "Suppress Unneeded Junctions" function.
Yes, if the speed limits are not the same, or confirmed/unconfirmed, these functions will not work, but I have had many instances where neither the TB function nor manually deleting the node will work, even after verifying that every detail on both segments is a 100% match.
The bridge tool works in these cases (but bumps the elevation by 1)

But I would agree that adding a "level" function may not be the best idea. Many times wayfinding stubs that are tucked in tight are set to "-" elevations to hide them from display and to prevent issues with the disconnected junction.
These are nearly always very well hidden and not visible at any zoom level wider than 10.

I would be less opposed to a function that lowers all positive elevation values to "ground" since these are generally only used for segments that actually cross.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.6.19)

Postby taco909 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:33 pm

juankx wrote:
taco909 wrote:[but I have had many instances where neither the TB function nor manually deleting the node will work, even after verifying that every detail on both segments is a 100% match.
The bridge tool works in these cases (but bumps the elevation by 1)

That happens when A > B don't match... There was a bug that changes the road direction when you delete a node, it seems that this was fixed avoiding the node removing when there is a A-A or B-B connection.

I've even had this happen when there is a match, but yes, it absolutely won't work if A-B don't match, I have not tried the Bridge function in these cases.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Re: Overlapping junction node detection?

Postby taco909 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:57 am

starkreiten wrote:Howdy, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but I figured somebody here already knows the answer.

What happend is that I stumbled across a 4-way intersection that had two sets of paired 'quartering' segments joined, with the overlapping JNs so well placed that until I 'pulled' one of the JNs and it's 'pair' off, I couldn't tell what was going on.

So, does a script for detecting overlapping JNs exist... or is it even possible?

Seems like something I'd like to 'monitor' with toolbox like revcons and dead-ends and such.

Thanks!
-Dana

Overlapping junctions, or micro-doglegs (geonodes very close to the junction) used to "tuck" a segment in to another to hide it?

If you have two junctions within 5m of each other, Validator will flag the segment as too short.
I'm not sure that there is a way to detect micro-doglegs other than being careful when adjusting geometry... also ensuring that "unusual" configurations are locked higher than normal to avoid inexperienced editors disturbing them. Hopefully, if an unlock is requested, the unlocking editor will look closely to see just why the area was uplocked.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts