[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.6.19)

Postby taco909 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:05 am

Ahh... And because both junctions have two or more segments attached, Validator does not flag the disconnection. Makes sense.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:24 am

starkreiten wrote:Thanks for the input everyone. My rusty old gears are starting to squeak again...

The tool I'm envisioning would highlight any junction that is within 5m of any other junction -- maybe with a little red circle that would just happen to fit around a soft-turn's cute yellow dot.

If nothing else, it will give me an excuse to dabble my toes into WME scripting. ;)

-Dana

I agree.

Junctions that closely spaced are rare enough that they should be called to attention.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:06 am

Must be a glitch on the ROTW server. I just tried it and was unable to save the edit.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.6.4)

Postby Tailszefox » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:44 pm

The problem is that the majority of Firefox users won't be running the developer edition, nor a nightly. They'll run the stable version, where that check won't be possible to disable from 42 onwards.

The best way to solve that is obviously to sign the extension. There's two ways to do that, though they both involve uploading it to AMO, either publicly or unlisted.

If it's made public on AMO, it's automatically signed when it's published, meaning users grabbing it there will get a signed version. This also has the advantage that new users can install it from there instead of externally.

If it's unlisted, then the XPI has to be uploaded to AMO, and if it passes the automatic validation, you get back a signed XPI that you can then put anywhere for people to download. This has the downside that each time there's a new version, the dev team will to upload it, grab back the signed version and upload it somewhere else.

(I doubt the extension will fail the automatic validation since it doesn't do anything with the browser itself.)

The third, less elegant option, would be to provide Toolbox as a userscript, since those don't have to be signed. But I don't know if Toolbox is still available as a userscript or if it has evolved past that.
Tailszefox
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.7.12)

Postby tango259 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:15 am

Suppressing Nodes is still broken for me (has been for what feels like a week). @wrocco we can't add more than one entry/exit point for places yet, and still can't name them. It's just the base UI with extremely limited functionality at this point. Everything else in TB that I use (including clear geometry) seems to still be working.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]

Tango259
Minnesota State Manager
Large Area Manager: Southeast Wisconsin
Other AMs in: Wisconsin, Minnesota, Alaska
Beta Leader, PLN Collab Liaison, Map Raid Mentor, Formal Mentor
tango259

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.7.7/8)

Postby tcalvert317m » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:32 pm

beliamuda wrote:
Unfortunately, after re-launch Chrome, Toolbox become corrupted again.

I had the same thing happen to me. I had to delete all extensions, and add them back. Since then everything has been running well. I even noticed some petty annoyances have disappeared.
tcalvert317m
State Manager
State Manager

Postby tcalvert317m » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:31 pm

juliansean wrote:
Even after restarting Chrome toolbox stays fixed tcalvert???
So no more Toolbox issues, even after you relaunch Chrome?

With much fear and trepidition, I've had issues, not even when after relaunching Chrome.... :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tcalvert317m
State Manager
State Manager

Postby tcalvert317m » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:57 am

jm6087 wrote:
tcalvert317 wrote:
beliamuda wrote:
Unfortunately, after re-launch Chrome, Toolbox become corrupted again.

When you say "ALL", do you mean WME extensions or do you literally mean ALL extensions?

I meant to say WME extensions.
tcalvert317m
State Manager
State Manager

Postby tcalvert317m » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:58 am

dspille wrote:@tcalvert317, what version of Chrome are you running? Most of those having the issue are on v59.

I have tried creating a fresh Chrome profile with no other extensions and still have the issue, so I'm thinking the Chrome update presents a change in the way it handles permissions for extensions.

I'm mobile right now, but I'm pretty sure v59.
tcalvert317m
State Manager
State Manager

Postby tcalvert317m » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:40 am

I checked. Here's my version: Version 59.0.3071.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)
tcalvert317m
State Manager
State Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts