[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.8.5)

Postby voludu2 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:47 pm

Thank you for all the fixes you have made so far.
I find I am completely or mostly unable to drag the floating tools around.
I tested this with Tampermonkey disabled and Toolbox as my only WME-related extension.

When I try to click-drag the floating toolbar, or the floating arrows tools, it might move a couple of pixles to the left or right, or not at all, and I wind up selecting text in one or more layers instead.

If I try this with other scripts on, I find I might select PIE-displayed place names or county names from another script.

Am I the only one having this problem?
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
[ img ]
USA Northeast Region Discord Chat
Country Manager - USA and Thailand
Wiki Master, Global Mentor
utilitas, simplicitas, retentionis
voludu2
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.8.5)

Postby voludu2 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:31 am

BellHouse wrote:I sense this behavior, too. However, I can drag the controls if I move the mouse very slowly. It seems the drag status is lost if the mouse cursor moves too far away from the control, so the behavior might also be dependent on the performance of the computer you're working on. I'm not aware that we changed anything which could have caused this issue. But anyway, we'll investigate.

Thanks! I did some more checking, and here's what I found
1) If there is NOTHING on the screen, then I can hold down the left mouse button and drag the things around at a "normal speed", then everything is fine. The cursor might get ahead of the floating item, but there is no problem
2) The problem happens if the cursor (with the left mouse button pressed) passes over a segment while it is separated from the floating thing. The segment then "lights up" the way we expect it to do when hovering over a segment with no buttons pressed. Immediately, the action of the cursor changes from dragging the floating thing to selecting nearby text.

It seems to me that this change in behavior while dragging is the result in a change in how WME behaves when the cursor is being used to drag.
[ img ]
voludu2
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.8.11)

Postby voludu2 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:53 pm

Hi! I have noticed lately that "q" disables all u-turns at a node.
This seems like unwanted behavior when all I want to do is confirm all turns at the node.

Once upon a time, when waze team told us Waze could not handle these u-turns and we were to disable all u-turns, this made sense. But that was a long time ago.

I think it would make sense to change this behavior.
[ img ]
voludu2
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.8.11)

Postby voludu2 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:38 pm

I would support a toggle for the JNF "Q" to "do not change"(default) / "restrict all" u-turns at the node.
To my way of thinking, "do not change" is more consistent with what JNF-Q does to the other arrows at the node - confirm, but do not change.

sketch wrote:I would support a toggle for the disable-U-turn function of JNF. However, I really think it should default off, because knowledgeable users will know to turn it off (once, after Toolbox is updated), but new users to JNF/Toolbox will not inadvertently delete sometimes-useful U turn information. We should default to data preservation where possible...
[ img ]
voludu2
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.6.5)

Postby walbing » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:58 pm

In my case i am level 5 and me were off, could you tell us who made the decision to Colombia? i do not use for mass editions, the use for consultations in Colombia are very few level 5 and would like to continue to have them and that what is done is to make a difference, now Level 5 are as adept as a level 6.

Thank you and hope promp response
Attachments
2015-08-30_9-55-22.jpg
(201.93 KiB) Downloaded 3193 times
2015-08-30_10-17-06.jpg
(149.09 KiB) Downloaded 3188 times
Walther Bing - Walbing
walbing
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ

Postby walbing » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:50 pm

PesachZ wrote:
walbing wrote:In my case i am level 5 and me were off, could you tell us who made the decision to Colombia? i do not use for mass editions, the use for consultations in Colombia are very few level 5 and would like to continue to have them and that what is done is to make a difference, now Level 5 are as adept as a level 6.

Thank you and hope promp response

in your screenshots the select segment list appears to be working for you, what is the issue?

These are screen captures of old, but now no longer work for.

Tks
Attachments
2015-08-30_14-52-29.jpg
(160.76 KiB) Downloaded 4100 times
Walther Bing - Walbing
walbing
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ

Postby walbing » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:46 pm

I think the same thing in Colombia happen many editors left because increasingly they are furthest from achieving goals of improving the maps this that makes seeing is discrimination others because for that we are the top level to take the right path, not it may be that a person in a contry who legislate if and who is not.

Just before taking a determinacion coodinators should ask others Chanps country.

Best Regards.
Walther Bing - Walbing
walbing
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ

Postby walbing » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:26 am

ok pesanchz , the problem is that mincho77 never consulted us the LC, so the discontent of the Colombian community.

Best regards

Enviado desde mi SM-T230 mediante Tapatalk
Walther Bing - Walbing
walbing
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ

Postby walbing » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:37 pm

PesachZ wrote:
walbing wrote:ok pesanchz , the problem is that mincho77 never consulted us the LC, so the discontent of the Colombian community.

Best regards

I understand your frustration, but you can't fix it here. You need to have a conversation with all the Columbian Champs to figure out the path forward.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android

ok thanks pesachZ. see you.

Walther Bing - Walbing
walbing
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (1.7.7/8)

Postby wargollo » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:43 pm

I have this same problem in these versions:

59.0.3071.86 (Official) - 64 bits
60.0.3112.21 (DEV) - 64 bits
Willian Argollo
Moto Z3 Play - (Oreo 9) / Nexus 7 2013 - (M 6.0.1)
São Paulo/SP - Brasil

[ img ] [ img ] [ img ][ img ]
Links Importantes
wargollo
Experts
Experts

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts