Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by BellHouse
DMZamora wrote:Just noticed that they all work again if I change WME to English language. Quite weird.
That behavior is caused by the new language insert into the URL, which comes up if you change WME's language to anything else than "English" (for instance "/en-US/", if you switch WME's language to "US English"). Each extension/script has defined on which URL scheme it is run. Otherwise you would also see the Toolbox controls if you were navigating to http://www.google.com, for instance, which wouldn't make much sense. The extensions didn't expect these language inserts into the URL, so not yet updated extensions won't run on WME languages other than English.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
juliansean wrote:
bz2012 wrote:In the China Map Raid, today, I noticed that even Q/W wouldn't fix a RevCon.
I eventually just turned of the display of revcons.
No idea if another script might be interfering.
It may be another script, because Q/W has been working fine for me.
The current Toolbox release does not detect the genuine JNF extension by bgodette properly. So when you have both active, the two extensions compete for the Q and W handles (as Toolbox has an own - simplified - JNF code included). If you use Toolbox and want to use QW, the only safe workaround currently is to disable the external JNF extension. But the incompatibility is caused by Toolbox, so no blame whatsoever to JNF.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
As indicated before, we are moving the Firefox add-on back to an unlisted extension, meaning that it is now no longer maintained in Mozilla's official Add-ons site. Instead, the signed extension file (wmetoolbox.xpi) can be downloaded and has to be installed manually as add-on in Firefox. I have just updated the download link in the first post. Since the add-on format has changed some time ago, we are still working on getting the auto-update of the extension back running, so Firefox users might have to manually update until we figure it out.

So please feel free to try if the manual add-on installation procedure works for you (Firefox users).
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
iainhouse wrote:I have a bug - or at least unwanted behaviour - to report.

Steps to reproduce:
  • With a highlighted u-turn on the screen, hit the "fix u-turn button"
  • Pan the screen until the u-turn is off-screen
  • Pan back so the u-turn is visible again
  • Press the fix button again- Toolbox will fix the u-turn again
  • Press "save" - you get an error message "While you were editing, the elements you're trying to save have been modified or deleted"
So it seems that although Toolbox fixes the u-turn the first time, the method it uses to detect u-turns doesn't notice this, allowing you to do it twice.
This is caused by a long-standing WME bug, those of you with WME beta access can read my bug report from December 2016... Toolbox can only handle the data which WME serves it, so if that data is corrupt (which is the case here), there's not much we can do.

The bug: WME forgets the status of modified turns before saving (so turns you have switched from green to red or vice versa) when you scroll the turn out of the screen and then scroll back to the same place.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
reuvenirony wrote:I keep getting this message:
WME Junction Node Fixer has failed to load due to API check
Is there a solution to get rid of this popup ?
A workaround is to enable the standalone JNF extension. Or wait for Tb 1.7.13. ;)
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
Toolbox 1.8.0 is released for Chrome and Firefox:

Code: Select all

1.8.0  (20171031)
Fix: Many bugfixes following update to WME 2.0
We are aware that not everything is fixed after the WME update, but the core functions of Toolbox should work again.

Please report any remaining bugs.

Firefox users will have to manually update their addon, as explained in the top post.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
iainhouse wrote:I'm finding that Toolbox is not working properly on initially opening the editor. The dropdown menu is empty (and short) and none of the highlights are working. I have to pan the map or zoom out before the highlights appear and the menu populates.

It almost seems as if I have to bring new segments into "view" - as opposed to the segments on-screen and nearby which are cached when the editor opens.
Which browser?
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
AlObaili wrote:There is an issue I would like to report for the feature "Enter address (prefill city, state, country)"

When clicking the shortcut, the address is prefilled but the address section does not expand (as an indication that the function did something).

Steps to reproduce:
1- draw a new Unnamed segment.
2- select the segment.
3- click the keyboard shortcut for Enter address (prefill city, state, country).
Notice that nothing happens, but when you click the address section (e.g. to add street name), the city/state/country is already prefilled. Before WME 2 the address section would expand as soon as you click the keyboard short cut.

As a bonus, is it possible to focus on the street name field so I can type the street name right after clicking the prefill address keyboard shortcut? This will save the time to move the cursor then click the field to focus :roll:
Bug confirmed and identified, will be fixed in the next release. Yes, that's how it used to be (that the street field is selected after hitting the key) and will be after the fix.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
moosool wrote:The 'Redo roundabout' tool does not seem to work for me, both beta and normal WME in Chrome. Even after reloading the link or refreshing the page it won't redraw the roundabout. Anyone else facing the same issue? https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... 519&zoom=7
Yes, confirmed. Bug found, will be fixed.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
voludu2 wrote:Could you bring back the "show red arrows mode" indicator?
Yup, we now found out how to achieve that (in WME 2.0), so that functionality will be back in the next release.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message