Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by taco909
Olestas wrote:Hmm, not bad :D
How about button - erase untouched numbers?
I would rather have "Erase Google pins" :lol:

Seriously, untouched numbers are ignored in favor of Google pins anyways, what's the harm in them being there?
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
CitizenTraffic wrote:Love the script. Have been using it like a mad-man.

I would like to see an option where all the "forced" HNs can be removed at the same time. I have found the import error(s) that caused the original force can usually be rectified once they are removed. This would be great for L1s and L2s who can't correct them and need to delete them manually.
Why would you delete them if they are valid, but something causes Waze to push the "force"?

I've encountered a number of forced HNs that the "force" dropped off once they were bumped.
Even as an L1 I was able to adjust forced HNs as long as the save did not require them to still be forced.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
SAR85 wrote: Thank you for the suggestions. The "nudge all" idea was brought up before and would be easy to implement but there was some concern about the potential for abuse (mass editing of numbers without confirming they are in fact correct).
I don't see a big temptation for mass editing with this tool, simply because bumping one address, or 50 on the same segment still results in only one editing point.

It's really one of the things I find distasteful about HNs.
I can drive to a location, walk 5 miles logging house numbers through HN Helper, then input them into WME, and it might only be worth 5 points.
KC-Guardrail wrote: While a button to nudge all visible HNs would be nice, I think it would make for sloppy editing. I don't see many HNs that don't require at least a little repositioning to align them with the building structure.
The position of the number itself does not matter.
Waze will only route to the stop point on the main road. The HN "pin" can be anywhere from the road to the edge of the light area (it CAN be beyond that, but requires forcing, and still won't route to that point).
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
KC-Guardrail wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: Not with House Numbers. Once you nudge a Waze HN any distance at all, the stop point will always be the attached road. If you get routed elsewhere, then the search result you used in the app was not a Waze HN.
True, but in rural settings, HNs can be off by as much as 1/4 mile. Not much help when waze says you're here and there isn't a house in sight. I guess it's my perfectionism that has me putting the stop point as close to the driveway or house front as possible. ;)
Oh no... that is a completely valid point.
I think Alan's issue is that it could be extremely useful in metropolitan areas where there might be 50+ HNs on a street... and in your case, it's not going to make things any worse. Since the Waze imported HNs are generally where the Google pins are, the only change that a bump would make is you might get routed TO the wrong driveway, rather than UP the wrong driveway.
Either way, you're going to get a UR and make the correction.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I would argue that despite being possibly misaligned by a bit, but for so many addresses which USPS/Google has located behind closer to an alley or other roadway, just a small nudge will fix those instantly.
* - Provided the editor nudging the HNs remembers to also nudge a segment to force a tile update ;)
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
KC-Guardrail wrote:True, but in rural settings, HNs can be off by as much as 1/4 mile. Not much help when waze says you're here and there isn't a house in sight. I guess it's my perfectionism that has me putting the stop point as close to the driveway or house front as possible. ;)
However, an abusers time would be much better spent just updating some other aspect of the segments in the main interface. It's quite a waste of time to the general abuser to take the time to enter the HN interface and then mass nudge, save, close, select a different street, etc. etc.
Not to mention that throttling has significantly impacted the "reward" for farming edits.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:So it's easy to protect if we need to, but given the inability to actually cheat/farm points with House Numbers, i don't see why it needs to be protected. Would be cool to see this feature added.
The same could be said for a number of other tools that have been abused in the past.
I've been "throttled" after running the auto-lock routine on a fairly small area.
Most local editors who have been doing a lot of basemap cleanup have reported apparent throttling.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
I'm good with the colors as they are, but I can see on some displays the orange might tend to "lose" the HNs.
I'd say a nice solid yellow would work well, maybe a bright orange.
Something that won't get lost compared to white, but also won't hide the numbers.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
CitizenTraffic wrote:I finally captured an image of the screen split when using the nudger. Hope this helps.

Here's a link to the image: http://mrwright.com/wazers/Capture_HN_Script.jpg

BTW, thank you for the "h" tip. I had no idea about the shortcut key. I had looked several times, but never found anything.
Confirmed. Same thing happening here.
Continued editing, and my mouse was selecting and drawing a segment above and to the left of the displayed position... offset by the same amount that the bottom browser bar offset.

Edit placed and saved properly, was positioned properly when I reloaded the browser page.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Leorenaud wrote:The solution is to change this piece of code(twice)

Code: Select all

Waze/Presenter/FeatureEditor/Segment
to this

Code: Select all

Waze/Modules/FeatureEditor/Segment
That did it for me and it is working fine now.
I got this solution from our script guy ;)
Confirmed works on Firefox
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich